C&C and a little PP advice

Bru

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have 3 pictures I took with my daughter today at the playground, looking for some C&C.

This one I don't like how her lips came out, they almost disappear into her skin. Is there any PP that can be done to fix that?

bwa2 by Keely Brubaker, on Flickr

I can't quite figure out how I feel about this one. I feel like it might have potential, but may have just missed the mark. Don't know if there is some editing that should be done or cropping of some kind...I just can't figure it out, but something is bothering me about it.

third by Keely Brubaker, on Flickr

This final one is my favorite of the 3, just wondering other opinions on it, whether it still needs some work, advice for future pictures, etc.

bwa1 by Keely Brubaker, on Flickr

I took all of these at 2:30pm, so I realize the time of day wasn't ideal.

Thanks ahead of time!

I have CS5 and Lightroom 3. Just learning the both of them.

#1- i like it. the sun is a bit harsh on her face, but i'm not sure how to fix that. sorry.
#2- i think the problem with this one is the background is overexposed pulling attention away from your daughter. this could be fixed in photoshop using a multiplied layer to darken the image overall, and then bring your daughter back to light. there are other ways of accomplishing the same trick, that's how i do it.
#3- i like it. the best of the 3 for sure. if i had to suggest something maybe crop a bit off the right and top. looks good though.

#1- i like it. the sun is a bit harsh on her face, but i'm not sure how to fix that. sorry.
#2- i think the problem with this one is the background is overexposed pulling attention away from your daughter. this could be fixed in photoshop using a multiplied layer to darken the image overall, and then bring your daughter back to light. there are other ways of accomplishing the same trick, that's how i do it.
#3- i like it. the best of the 3 for sure. if i had to suggest something maybe crop a bit off the right and top. looks good though.

How do I bring her back to light? Do I need to use the smart radius tool and then bring her up?
I agree with you on #3. After I posted it I thought maybe cropping it down a little would help.

Thanks for your advice!

I think for number two the main problem is composition. All the blank space is in the left side of the picture but shes looking to the right.

I agree with doomhart. The proble with 2 is composition. Consider turning your camera 90 degrees to remove some of the dead space.

I think for number two the main problem is composition. All the blank space is in the left side of the picture but shes looking to the right.

I agree, I think that and probably the over-exposure of the background are what kill this picture.

Most reactions

Back