C&C and PP help needed please

cindyg2024

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I still do not know a thing about Photoshop or how to properly post process a photograph! I went with my daughter, her friend and her Mom today to watch them ride a horse. I captured a shot of the woman's younger daughter just playing and think it is absolutly adorable. I would like to have it printed and give it to her. What do you think? What could/should I have done differently? Can any PP be done to make it better? Oh, I also threw in a shot of the horse (Timmy) that I thought was kind of funny.

1) Claire and her baby doll (this i the one I would like to give to her Mom)
IMGP1265-1.jpg

2) Timmy -the horse - I think he was a little tired by this point
IMGP1271-1.jpg

#1 is a cute shot, but unfortunately the sun is to the left and rear (a bit) of her, so her face is in darkness. You could bring it up a bit but you'd wash out her side. Still, cute.

The pic of the horse is too bright, but you could tone it down a bit in photoshop no problem with brightness/contrast.

In general, harsh sun days are rough for pictures. Bizarrely overcast is ideal. Go figure. In these cases you can use a circular polarizing filter with some really good results, and they are relatively inexpensive and easy to use. Check it out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back