C&C - Anxiety

tevo

Recovering TPF Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Decided to go out and try a bit of street photography tonight. The x100s fares exceptionally well focusing at night, and the high ISO performance is on par with my D7000. I tried to capture the creepy, foreboding atmosphere of being alone at night, and "looking over your shoulder" so to speak. Also continuing to try and express my not-so-positive emotions as of late through my photos. Being able to successfully embody and evoke emotion through my photos is a short term goal of mine, so I will keep working on that. C&C is appreciated.

34/365: by theofficialtevo, on Flickr

I like it. I think you got the feeling you were after.

Great photo. You really captured the moment and I like the point of view. Check out this article I wrote on street photography. You might like it.

Thanks! Great article by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
It definitely has a surveillance type of feel to it. I feel like you caught him in the act so to speak since he has his hood up.

Hope your moods turn around. I have been there.

I like the look and feel of the photo. Nice shot.

I like it, good job creating emotion.

Thanks all for the feedback!

The tilted frame works well for me here. There's something about diagonal lines that evokes a sense of tension/anxiety. Horizontal lines, to me, feel much more stable and safe. The isolated figure walking at night, his shadow, and how his head is turned, as if looking out of the lit part and into the darkness, this also gives a sense of anxiety/worry/concern.

You done good. :)

Nice angle and placement of your subject in the frame. Its good that you waited until he walked into the light to get his shadow as well.

The shadow combined with the sideways head glance, and the high vantage point all work great here.

Very well done! Thanks for sharing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back