C&C appreciated: Tree in cemetery

Compaq

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took a lot of shots of this tree at a cemetery. I really liked the way it hung, and the shadows the branches made. What do you think?

Ymse_2 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, and even more thanks for sharing your opinions! :)

gret pic. but its hard to really distinguish the tree as it has a busy background. maybe try shooting this at a different angle so there would only be a green background

There are two things that draw my eye - and they aren't related visually - the tree in the foreground and the bush in the background. My eye keeps jumping back and forth, as I try to figure out which one is important. The tree is bigger and prominent but semi-uninteresting, the bush is smaller but colorful.

A viewer tries to reconcile what they see in two dimensions to understand what the photographer is trying to show. Use dof, position and composition to give them clues.

i really liked the shady place... i liked the image also...the problem mentioned by Joshua and Lew are there... sometimes we are dismayed by such situations that we can hardly isolate a thing we wanted to show without distraction.... i tried a trim out with your supposed permission

Regards :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back