What's new

C+C Automotive Photographs. Outdoors

PatrickJamesYu

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 30, 2011
Messages
214
Reaction score
9
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a few pictures I would like critiques on.
Love, hate, all of it.
Any tips for the next one?
Any tips on touching these up?

Nikon d90
no CPF (rookie mistake, I brought the wrong size with me)

1) Lexus
7023261687_ccd13986da.jpg


2) Camaro
6900301778_0a93279ba5.jpg


3) Chevelle
6945504323_3d5c504713.jpg


4)Subi
6860867431_449725468a.jpg
 
Last edited:
The Beginner's forum description was changed, and hasn't been a C&C or photo sharing section for several weeks now.

Which is why your thread got moved to one of the forums in the 'Photo Galleries- Photos submitted by members for general display or critique." section of TPF.

Get one CPL that is big. Use step rings to use the one big CPL on all your smaller lenses.
 
Last edited:
The Beginner's forum description was changed, and hasn't been a C&C or photo sharing section for several weeks now.

Which is why your thread got moved to one of the forums in the 'Photo Galleries- Photos submitted by members for general display or critique." section of TPF.

Get one CPL that is big. Use step rings to use the one big CPL on all your smaller lenses.

Thanks for letting me know
I noticed it was moved but wasn't sure why
I haven't logged in in a while so I didn't notice the change.
Thanks!
 
I am loven the shot of the Camaro but the Scooby looks a tad odd - it may be the suspension setup!
 
shots arn't bad at all.

1. id have probalby gotten a bit lower

2. good shot like what i see in the upper right corner. kinda wished you would have skipped the wall shot and gone for a nicer background.

3. like this one. i'd probalby crop out the grey concrete and just have it start with the black.

4. sky and car both look good. just not liken the pole and the wall. kinda kills the shot.


overall some nice pics though.
 
Circular Polarizer

I like all the shots. The rolling shot of the Camaro is awesome.
 
I am loven the shot of the Camaro but the Scooby looks a tad odd - it may be the suspension setup!
Too low for your taste?

shots arn't bad at all.

1. id have probalby gotten a bit lower

2. good shot like what i see in the upper right corner. kinda wished you would have skipped the wall shot and gone for a nicer background.

3. like this one. i'd probalby crop out the grey concrete and just have it start with the black.

4. sky and car both look good. just not liken the pole and the wall. kinda kills the shot.


overall some nice pics though.

Thanks.
I'll try to keep in mind my height next time
Yeah a nicer background would have been great.
This wasn't a planned shot, we were driving to a certain event, and I was driving shotgun
So on the way I decided to attempt some rolling shots of the other cars in our caravan.
This was the best picture out of my rolling shot attempts. I think the simplicity, helped keep the car more focused.
But I definitely would love to try this in a more 'beautiful' scene, if you know what I mean.

You know I didn't even notice the concrete thing.
I probably would have cloned it out. I think I remember cropping it, but it was cropped too hard to the wheels of the car.

And the subi picture, I agree with that.
There was actually a WHOLE lot I cloned out.
Terribly busy background, really messy.
I actually photographed the Subi, and the Lexus on the same day, parking structure, location. I just through the Subi in the corner, and composed a different angle to the clouds.


I miss my Subi!
I miss your Subi too
 
Great shots. My fav are the camaro and the chevelle. Keep it up. What were your setting for the camaro shot?
 
Great shots. My fav are the camaro and the chevelle. Keep it up. What were your setting for the camaro shot?
Thanks.

I don't remember off the top of my head, but it went down something like this.
You have to shoot wide to minimize some of the camera shake.
Car's on the highway are not as steady as it may seem.
I was shooting with a 17mm, aperture maxed out at f22.
Shutter speed around 1/80 or 1/100
ISO most likely at Nikon's Lo.1 which is ISO 100 I believe.

Most of the shots came out over exposed. It would have been nice to have a ND filter,
or even a poloraizer would have done something, since many of them stop down a stop.

Speeding up the shutter speed for the exposure to be closer to proper, would have sped it up too much.
The rolling shot 'look' wouldn't be in there if I shot any faster.
 
i really like 2! it looks to me like you used the perfect shutter speed to show speed and power, but the car itself is not blurry
 
i really like 2! it looks to me like you used the perfect shutter speed to show speed and power, but the car itself is not blurry
Thanks
I think I did pretty decent with this.
I think I got the car quite sharp, where as many attempts I stumble upon on the web, the car is usually a tad blurry.
Other than rigged shots of course. Those come out great with those camera rigs.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom