C&C Black and white park photos!

CAG76

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was on my lunch and thought I would have some fun!

Trees5.jpg

Trees4.jpg

TreeStem.jpg

Trees3.jpg

Thanks!

-Christopher

I think #1 is the only one that could REALLY work for me; but damn do I find that grey sky to be a bit overpowering. Let us have a looksie at the original. And what is your B&W Workflow -

Here's what it is. It was such a blue sky, and I also had my polarizer lens on. Why? I don't know. Well, when I take these photos in Raw and set the camera to Monocrome I can still switch it back to color. Maybe thats why so I could have a nice color version. Yeah it's really funny. Makes the sky look dark doesnt it?

Should be able to fool with the blue channel in the B&W conversion- will likely not change the trees much, but will effect the sky a lot- maybe you can tone down the dark gray that way....

I really like the picture of the trees shadow in the snow... even though that's been done a lot, still like it!

I've been trying to play around with the bokeh with my new 50mm 1.8.
Do you mind telling me what lens you used, the aperture, focal length and distance to get such a nice bokeh for #2 and 3 ? Oh, also if you remember, about how far the backround trees were.

Much appreciated.

Floyd

The first one is just lovely.

Bump the levels up a bit to bring out more whites in your photos otherwise they look more greyscale than B&W.

Very true they do look too gray. Fwellers, I will have to get back to you on the distance. I believe my aperture was at 4.0. The lowest number I could get with my Canon 18-55mm kit lens with my XSi.

Most reactions

Back