adversus

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.adversus.us
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Submitted to you all for humble feedback :)

Trying to get in the habit of getting at least one B&W from every shoot, and this looked better than the color version. The end of the tunnel (with the couple) still looks blown out to me, I burned it up bunch already, not sure I can get it anymore without introducing noise :(

1/160
f6.3
ISO 200

4612793119_f906c42b0f_o.jpg

Since they are adults, you could perhaps try to bracket the shots, and try the tone mapping route to get a better exposure.

Composition wise, the photo just doesn't "speak" to me.

I keep getting pulled into looking at the tunnel and not the people.

If you have a faster lens try opening up your aperture and really blurring that tunnel as much as you can. It seems like they are out of focus anyway though, which could also be the problem here. Actually I'm almost positive they are.

This composition could work, there are just a few problems with it right now. Too much detail in things that aren't the subject that draw attention away from the subject, as well as the couple being over exposed. If you shot in RAW just lower the exposure for that section a tad and tone map them in on a properly exposed tunnel layer. This may help it quite a bit.

Just a quick edit, this is what I meant
quickedit.jpg

If the couple is the subject, bring the image in tighter, with the tunnel framing them..less detail of the tunnel and capture more of the couple.

If the tunnel is the subject, eliminate the couple or blur them. Change your angle, and try from different angles. Maybe even pull back some - I do not know what the forefront of the tunnel looks like.

Thanks for the feedback! I might re-shoot this trying a few different suggestions and see what the results are.

Most reactions

Back