C&C - Curiosity

TEVO! Where have you been???
I'd like a little more fill on our left, personally.

First I forgot I am NOT on a calibrated monitor. OR at least a well calibrated monitor. So... I could be REALLY wrong... I am having some trouble with this computer and calibration.

It feels to me as if you are losing the details in that eye to my left. The eyeball and the eyelashes are all pretty much black to me right now. The bottom of the iris does show green and a nice light thru it.

Dang, I was hoping you would say the sharp edged nose shadow. That would be my gripe...... almost. The few strands of hair across the face might be another.

Mostly lurking... I haven't been as active lately D: Working a lot more though... as a sports photographer!

Dang, I was hoping you would say the sharp edged nose shadow. That would be my gripe...... almost. The few strands of hair across the face might be another.

My sister has the most unkempt hair ever. Like ever.

And I agree about the shadow, I just brought my bracket and umbrella up to my dads to mess around with, I would have normally had a bounce to the left or another umbrella w/ a weak flash to correct that.

First I forgot I am NOT on a calibrated monitor. OR at least a well calibrated monitor. So... I could be REALLY wrong... I am having some trouble with this computer and calibration.

It feels to me as if you are losing the details in that eye to my left. The eyeball and the eyelashes are all pretty much black to me right now. The bottom of the iris does show green and a nice light thru it.

It is a bit dark, but it's mostly your monitor I suspect.

bumpathumpadumpalump

bumpathumpadumpalump
African tribal .....????

Beautiful image..... The element of fear/uncertainty in her eyes is accentuated by the light shadow..... the single thread of hair hanging down on her face just adds up to the mood in her eyes....seeing her ear that way is not good(for me) ...

Regards :D

bumpathumpadumpalump
African tribal .....????

Beautiful image..... The element of fear/uncertainty in her eyes is accentuated by the light shadow..... the single thread of hair hanging down on her face just adds up to the mood in her eyes....seeing her ear that way is not good(for me) ...

Regards :D

I speak dee language of mai pepole

Thank you! I didnt bother to move the hair over her ear / out of her face, because I wanted this to remain/look candid. I do agree that it would be better if her ear was not showing though.

Mostly lurking... I haven't been as active lately D: Working a lot more though... as a sports photographer!

And I agree about the shadow, I just brought my bracket and umbrella up to my dads to mess around with, I would have normally had a bounce to the left or another umbrella w/ a weak flash to correct that.

Congrats!!! How are you liking shooting sports AND getting paid?
Is it getting easier and easier?

You're very right on that one. I just got sucked into the black eyeball/eyelash combo.

Congrats!!! How are you liking shooting sports AND getting paid?
Is it getting easier and easier?

It is indeed getting easier! The money is decent, I am applying for a few other places so I can have a larger income. But I love what I do :D

To me the key issue here is the background – that halo above the model's head is affecting composition and, as a result, also the flow of the image. Here's the visual explanation:

1) Original

6895056767_1809f27d8d_z.jpg

2) The glow and top right in general are darkened (quick & dirty 10-second job – you should be able to do better):

Tevo1.jpg

3) Finally, addressing MLeeK's comment (which was spot on) to some extent (also a 10-second job):

Tevo2.jpg

Other than this, and with the disclaimer that I don't ever photograph people so mine is a profane opinion, I like what you did here.

invisible said:
To me the key issue here is the background – that halo above the model's head is affecting composition and, as a result, also the flow of the image. Here's the visual explanation:

1) Original

2) The glow and top right in general are darkened (quick & dirty 10-second job – you should be able to do better):

3) Finally, addressing MLeeK's comment (which was spot on) to some extent (also a 10-second job):

Other than this, and with the disclaimer that I don't ever photograph people so mine is a profane opinion, I like what you did here.

Wow , great input and nice edit. Thanks a lot! The haloing was a result of the vignette i applied.

Most reactions

Back