What's new

C&C Ethan Allen look out tower

TMBPhotography

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 22, 2011
Messages
161
Reaction score
17
Location
Vermont
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Lighting aside, let me know me what you think of the composition. It was almost dark out and the camera took a decent shot. Its a point and shoot so I was limited.

6408724367_24dd858f04_z.jpg


Just touched up the phot a little bit. man it looks so much better but now I can see how much more its out of focus. grrr. I hate when you think you have a great shot on site only to come home and find out its blurry.


Ethan Allen Tower by TMB Photography, on Flickr
 
Last edited:
I like it. Wish the tower was a little lighter but oh well. You do what you can.

Where is this BTW? I'm from Vermont as well.
 
Crop it so you have the same amount of space left and right.
 
This was Ethan Allen Park. Off of North Ave in Burlington. Where abouts are you in this tiny state? :)

I like it. Wish the tower was a little lighter but oh well. You do what you can.

Where is this BTW? I'm from Vermont as well.
 
TMBPhotography said:
This was Ethan Allen Park. Off of North Ave in Burlington. Where abouts are you in this tiny state? :)

I'm such a dork! I'm pretty sure I've been there! :) I live in St. Albans - not too far from Burlington!
 
I was born at Northwestern Medical Center. Have lots of family that either have lived or still live up that way. Do you play bingo? hahaha
 
I used too. Not too much anymore. I was born at the same hospital!!
 
How experienced are you in this photography thing? I am a newbie. Just picked up a point and shoot in Sept. Been playing around with it here and there. Still learning what to do.
 
TMBPhotography said:
How experienced are you in this photography thing? I am a newbie. Just picked up a point and shoot in Sept. Been playing around with it here and there. Still learning what to do.

I'm fairly new but I know enough! I bought a DSLR in July and I've been pretty obsessed! I wouldn't say my photos are great by any means but I know a lot of the technical aspects and compositional aspects of photography.
 
Are you interested in teaching an old dog old tricks? :) I have a really hard time reading about all these different techniques to use but not having someone to ask questions of. I learn by doing and not reading.
 
it's a washed out

here's a quick edit

fixed the sky while i was at it

tpfrhelpcastel1.jpg
 
did you get it to be more clearer too? I dont have photoshop on this computer to add a nice sky in the background. It was all clouds behind it. thanks. you made it look so much better. :)
 
gimp is free and could do everything i did in this edit
 
ok, so since I am a newb, whats gimp?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom