What's new

C&C first DSLR photos

Mooha182

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 8, 2010
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are some of my first DSLR photos from my cannons EOS 450D w/ th1 18-55mm lens and no filters.

1: Landscape shot of wine vineyards
BK1.JPG


2. Stone lined walkway right next to the grape vines
BK2.JPG


3. Advanced sunset picture of the hillside castle (sorry it's dark but the lighter ones have the scaffolding clearly showing)
BK3.JPG


4. Curious fox right outside my residence in the volleyball court (this was shot with a SLR-like konica minolta.)
PICT0824.jpg
 
Last edited:
ummm....resize perhaps?!
 
Does it not automatically resize for you guys? I see nice little boxes ...
 
Sorry, just resized and did a little enhancing.
 
#1: There isn't much to look at in the top half of the photo. Perhaps less sky and more ground.

#2: Probably the best of the set. This has some nice tonal variety and variety in terms of images and textures.

#3: Though I like the sky and the colors on the castle, on the whole, this image is too dark.

#4: This looks like it is zoomed far in and cropped. The colors are a little flat, the image is blurry and grainy, and the whole image looks "flattened" as if by a telephoto lens. Although it is interesting to see a fox outside your window, I'm not sure that this does much artistically. Keep shooting though!
 
Number two definitely has the most possibility. Not too much dead space, nice variety to keep my eye interested. Having more of the road in it would have helped, in my opinion. Right now, I can't tell what you were trying to show with the picture other than "wall."
 
Of the 4 I like the castle. I see detail in the dark hill which if lightened would distract from the castle and the sky. The castle is dead center another problem that I like. I think you correctly broke the rules. That's what art seems all about to me.
The first 2 don't have a center of interest to grab me and the fox looks a little flat. The castle YEAH!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom