What's new

C&C for a newb.

TheWoz

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 5, 2013
Messages
19
Reaction score
2
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It's been a while since my last post. I got a nikon d3100 for Xmas but then went right into tax season. So i finally was able to get out and take some more pics.
Tried a few new things. Looking for some C&C on some of my "better" shots (me thinks). :lol:







 
The white balance is all over the place on these photos.
 
The white balance is all over the place on these photos.

Im going to ask what I'll assume is a loaded question. BUT...how to I correct/control this?
 
The white balance is all over the place on these photos.

Im going to ask what I'll assume is a loaded question. BUT...how to I correct/control this?

It's not a loaded question.

You can select the WB before shooting but it still may need to be tweaked in post processing. To do this, you use either the software that came with the camera or a program like Lightroom 4 or Photoshop.

Do a search on here for white balance or look on youtube for tutorial videos.
 
The white balance is all over the place on these photos.

Im going to ask what I'll assume is a loaded question. BUT...how to I correct/control this?

It's not a loaded question.

You can select the WB before shooting but it still may need to be tweaked in post processing. To do this, you use either the software that came with the camera or a program like Lightroom 4 or Photoshop.

Do a search on here for white balance or look on youtube for tutorial videos.

Ahh that doesn't seem to bad! I was expecting something like multiply the X factor times the zero grade of the transiet slope ;)
I haven't loaded up the software so I'll actually do that this evening! Thanks!
 
Are you shooting these in jpeg in the camera and then uploading? You can adjust the wb that way but it's better and easier when you shoot in RAW. It sounds really complicated until things click and then it isn't that bad. (I'm still waiting for it to click fully, because I still miss it at times)
 
Are you shooting these in jpeg in the camera and then uploading? )
I'm pretty sure this is what I've been doing. I've heard about shooting RAW. Just not exactly sure what all that will entail.
 
It's basically just switching a setting in your camera, but there is more to it than that.

If you have the manual that came with your camera, I would encourage you to read through it. This will help you understand how to use your camera and help you to understand various things that will greatly help your photography. (Some would say read it multiple times.)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom