C & C for a newbie please

ebp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone. I just joined the site and see tons of helpful information. I'd love some advice for some of my pictures. I am new at this but reaaly enjoy it and would love some tips on improvement! tia

ebp11118.jpg

ebp11119.jpg

ebp11117.jpg

landonupsidedown-1.jpg

ollieblackold.jpg

Welcome to the forum. You asked for C&C, so my 0.02¢...

#1. Hilarious, agree with Bitter Jeweler.

#2. Too close a crop for me.

#3. I would like the trees to be vertical and not slanted, just me again. The bench is a distraction and I would clone it out or change the angle of my shot (next time). The young fellow in the background isn't looking at the camera, not a real problem, but I would have both boys looking at the camera or both not looking at the camera - my thoughts...

#4. Red-eye and a cropped elbow. Again, I am not a fan of the pose when there is no context - if he had been lying on the grass on a bunch of leaves or something, then maybe it would look okay - black background - not my favourite - his hair blends into the background for one thing.

#5. Not bad, but his/her feet and the hand holding the right foot, are out of focus. Overall, the image is not as sharp as the other ones and the hair on the left side seems to blend into the black background.

Remember, these are my comments and represent a personal opinion. If you like the images, then that is really all that counts in the long run.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

Thank you for the feedback! I tend to have trouble when shooting indoors as I have a low end camera and only the flash on the camera... Any tips for indoor shots when I don't have additional flash would be appreciated! I have a few more I'll post in another thread if you don't mind giving more feedback as well. I am new to this and all tips are appreciated. Thanks!

Use light from a sizable window, or from 2 or 3 inexpensive clamp lights with daylight balanced bulbs. A north facing window is best, because it provides more consistant light throughout the day. Be careful with the White Balance and mixing light source types (mixed llight color temperatures). Mixed light can cause uncorrectable color casts.

Designers Edge E-245 Incandescent Clamp Light, 6-Foot Cord

2-Pack Compact Fluorescent Light Bulb 30 Watt Daylight Balanced 5000K Patented Spiral Tube Design

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back