C&C from vacation

Ajlista

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Back from a vacation with no internet, or phone service, again, which was good for a few days i suppose, but i come with pictures in need of critique
This one was taken in kinda low light, so i used my tripod
IMG_0766.jpg

This, i took off the side of a bridge in middleburg, upstate New York (Possibly spelled middleburg wrong)
IMG_0824.jpg

My mom, works in the funeral directing area, so she showed me, and toured me a couple of cemetery's
I didnt know which angle was best so ill post both
IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0900.jpg

I've never really tried shooting any type of people or children (Simple just give them less of a lead... if anyone knows what im talking about )
But in seriousness, lol, i tried to start taking photos of people this weekend and started with my little cousin, im expecting im going to get ripped apart more than usual on this one
IMG_0973.jpg

Thankyou all :D

Photo 3 is interesting, in my opinion that one is the best of the bunch. Well done.

For photos 4, 5 and 6 - they would have worked out much better if you had shot them in vertical, and if you didn't put the subject right in the middle of the frame.

Photo 3 is interesting, in my opinion that one is the best of the bunch. Well done.

For photos 4, 5 and 6 - they would have worked out much better if you had shot them in vertical, and if you didn't put the subject right in the middle of the frame.
I had a picture of 5 with it off to the side, but deleted it, because i thought i didnt look right, but now that i think about it, you're probably right
Thankyou

I would recommend a book on composition. The second one has a teeny bit of interest, but most of the shots are just uninteresting... have no message, no feeling to communicate, no connection with the viewer.

I would recommend a book on composition. The second one has a teeny bit of interest, but most of the shots are just uninteresting... have no message, no feeling to communicate, no connection with the viewer.[/QUOTE

The cemetery shots have potential, but i feel like HDR and better composition would have really made them work. For i agree, and the composition is in definite need of help.

Composition: Using the Rule of Thirds

Well, it's not just about the rule of thirds or other technical crud... I can make a compositionally perfect photo that is still boring as snot. You still have to connect in some meaningful way with the viewer or the shot is just going to be "meh" at best.

Most reactions

Back