C&C Greatly appreciated -- Something Green

tacticdesigns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

I'm new to the forum. Thought I'd try posting a C&C request. [And see if I can figure out how to post a picture.] Ok. That worked. <grin> This was taken to enter in our local fall fair under the category "something green". Its a little grainy because it is taken with my ancient Fuji E500 4.1 megapixel camera. I was using this PAS because I didn't want to get too absorbed using a dSLR, because I was on vacation with my wife and girls, so I limited myself to a PAS. Any C&C greatly appreciated. Thanx!

Something green II. by tacticdesigns, on Flickr

My main criticism would be: Why are you letting silly things like family distract you from photography???

;)

Actually, I quite like this shot (that, and $2.25 will get you a cup of coffee at Tim's). I like the way the trees start at the foreground corners and work to the middle, and I like the "sea of green". Unfortunately, the bleah, white sky kills it. If this was shot against a bright, blue morning sky, it would have been a great shot. It's still nice, but not as strong as it could be. Can't tell for sure on this crappy work monitor, but it seems like it might have been a little over-sharpened.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary

~John

Thanks for the feedback, I greatly appreciate it.

My main criticism would be: Why are you letting silly things like family distract you from photography??? ;)
HeHeHe. Actually, my 10-year old daughter is starting to show signs of wanting to shot. I've let her use one of my dSLRs and shes gone off and had a lot of fun. If she gets interested enough, maybe I can have both. Spend time with her and shoot. Who knows . . . :)

(that, and $2.25 will get you a cup of coffee at Tim's).
Two thumbs up for that!

I like the way the trees start at the foreground corners and work to the middle, and I like the "sea of green".
Thanks!

Unfortunately, the bleah, white sky kills it. If this was shot against a bright, blue morning sky, it would have been a great shot. It's still nice, but not as strong as it could be.
I didn't even think of that. Thank you!

, but it seems like it might have been a little over-sharpened.
Yeah. I've got to learn to do that better. That and get more clear pictures up front. Thanks again!

I see your link for your website. I love what I'm seeing. I'm going to take a closer look tonight when I get home.

:)

Most reactions

Back