C&C , has been awhile

odiy33

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
has been awhile since my last actual C&C, I've come along quite a bit since my previous posts (at least in my opinion) so figure it's time stick myself back out there for some more C&C. First two shot with d3100 with kit lens, last one shot with D7000 and the 35mm 1.8.

i-XTnhDgk-L.jpg

i-LxD7WKp-L.jpg

i-7rKMWS2-L.jpg

I really like #2. #1, the water seem kind of blurred or highlighted too much.

and people think they need full frame bodies + $2000 lenses to pump out great pics. Good stuff!

C&C per req:

1. Very nicely done. I think the vignette is a bit much though, and it appears to lean every so slightly to the right, but those are very minor and easily corrected.

2. I think there's a nice image here, but I think this just missed; having the building so far image left, with a bright area centre/rear is somewhat confusing. I think this would have been much stronger had the structure been further into the image and framed by the brighter areas to draw the eye. Overall, the foreground and the background hills are seem a bit under-exposed.

3. I don't really see the monochrome adding anything to this image. I would level/square it and try it in colour.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Thanks, I agree with a lot of what you guys have said, #1 is very sightly leaning to the right, #2 i agree in having the barn a little more to the right, but not too much, just enough so it wasn't cut off, and due to the mocha coloring i applied the mountain and trees are a bit under exposed, but was just one of those pictures that may not be perfect, but i loved never the less

I don't agree so much about the third image of my son being monochrome, only because of the wall in the background, i think if you saw it in color you would agree that it looks better this way, the wood paneling wall that shows behind him was just plain ugly and distracting, if i pulled the table and my son forward away from the wall i might have been able to not have the wall shown at all, then it would have been better in color most likely.

Thanks

Excellent photos, I am curious what type of filters or post processing was done on #1?

I ask because I am trying to learn.

Last edited:
Nice photos. Is it me or is the mountain in 2 slightly moving, when I move my iPhone it wobbles just the centre part

I like #1, the vignette may be a little strong as others have mentioned .

#2 it bothered me that the house is cut off when this is your primary subject

#3 is decent enough, not sure if the BW conversion adds or detracts

great work all round.. love the processing to #1 well done

Most reactions

New Topics

Back