C&C...Help with timer/focus

bunny99123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,
Three self-shoots I took this week. When taking photos of yourself is there an easier way to focus on yourself or continue to take many shoots and get lucky? I use a remote timer. The first pic is flat. C&C is welcome!

Attachments

• $image-2525030012.jpg
    $image-2525030012.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 145
  • $image-1479626721.jpg
    $image-1479626721.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 115
  • $image-1500390486.jpg
    $image-1500390486.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 118
Put something else to focus on where you will be. It need to be where your eyes will be. Once the camera has focused, put the focus mode in Manual so the lens won't try to refocus when the timer trips the shutter.

A better solution may well be a hand-held, wireless remote shutter release.

You might want to do some reading about photographic lighting too.

Thank you. Already have the remote shutter. Some locations I have carry so much, but I could try a stick or something.

Self portraits are hard enough in a studio, never mind outdoors. I managed to get mine by the method given above by KmH (no remote, yet) and focused on a spare tripod, but it took numerous attempts to get a halfway decent expression... like many photographers I'm cameraphobic! Nice try, I'll make NO criticism until I've tried it myself. ;)

I tried to do the same thing just the other day...I took about 75 shots of myself and only a few were semi focused but my facial expressions were hilarious! I like the tip about using a spare tripod to focus on! I did notice thou, that the ones that I was able to get some-what focused were the ones that I was a good ten feet away from my background. I also used a tree as a prop so I could focus on that too.

I tried to do the same thing just the other day...I took about 75 shots of myself and only a few were semi focused but my facial expressions were hilarious! I like the tip about using a spare tripod to focus on! I did notice thou, that the ones that I was able to get some-what focused were the ones that I was a good ten feet away from my background. I also used a tree as a prop so I could focus on that too.

Good luck!!

I like tripod idea! I am going to try that. Thanks, for the great suggestions and comments!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back