C&C/I guess I should have mopped my floor for this/First try at stitching

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Oy vey! I thought I would give stitching photos a go since I wanted both the reflection and the ceiling in the shot this yearend the wall prevents me from getting any further back. Not sure what I did wrong but I had to do a TON of perspective/warping/ etc to get even close to correct lines. Im still far away, but I mostly gave up. Any tips on getting photos that seam together better?

15785397938_ae48228fc4_c.jpg

What program did you use to combine them?

Hmm. What lens? It's odd to see those perspective issues... although if you were in close that may be the issue. Keep at it!

Shoot vertical, with the longest lens that will cover the VERTICAL range you wish. You may accually have to stack the images both vertically and horizintally so that you can use a longer lens. You also may be using the wrong CS panorama perspective to stitch with.

Hmm. What lens? It's odd to see those perspective issues... although if you were in close that may be the issue. Keep at it!

Shoot vertical, with the longest lens that will cover the VERTICAL range you wish. You may accually have to stack the images both vertically and horizintally so that you can use a longer lens. You also may be using the wrong CS panorama perspective to stitch with.

Sounds like the lens was my issue here then. I was using my 28-105 at 28mm, thinking less frames would be easier to stitch. So it's four frames, 2x2 Next time I will zoom it out to 105 and see if that helps! Maybe a more middle vantage point would help as we'll instead of low down??

Sondes like the lens was my issue here then. I was using my 28-105 at 28mm, thinking less frames would be easier to stitch. So it's four frames, 2x2 Next time I will zoom it out to 105 and see if that helps! Maybe a more middle vantage point would help as we'll instead of low down??

Ohhhh, yeah, that's probably it. The vantage is fine, but I'm sure there was some distortion at 28mil. Try 50-75 next time [emoji106]

Since it's a vertical pano, in addition to a longer FL, consider getting a ladder for the top frames so that you preserve the orientation of camera to subject; this is where a lot of your distortion would have come from, in addition to the wide angle distortion.

Since it's a vertical pano, in addition to a longer FL, consider getting a ladder for the top frames so that you preserve the orientation of camera to subject; this is where a lot of your distortion would have come from, in addition to the wide angle distortion.
Thanks for the tip! I may Give this another go on Xmas eve when the presents are under the tree!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back