f/4
ISO-800
30 seconds
12mm
40D
Tokina 12-24mm/4 II
---------------------------------------------------

Stjernehimmel over Ås 2 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

It's blotchy, stars trailing just a bit, but not visible on small image. The milky way is supposed to be in the frame, but it's too polluted and too much cloudiness to actually see it, I'm assuming. Might not be a good enough exposure either. And I know, the pp isn't the best. Anyhoooo, what do you think? Is this usable? Would you delete it? Would you give it to your enemy?

-Compaq

Last edited:
Okay, I'll have to spice up this thread a bit. What I didn't mention was that last night I saw God. This spiritual being apparently is someone I know pretty well, as a matter of fact. Anyway, I managed to get a quick snap shot of his lingering imprint on the sky.

Gud viser seg by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Last edited:
I really like the framing. Are those trees?

Other than that yes the light pollution is killing it.

Those are tree indeed. As you maybe noticed, they are the same trees. I only had the left hand framing, so I waved my want and got it framed at both sides. I didn't want it to look obviously symmetrical, but I dunno.

Btw, the light pollution is part of the subject, LOL! I should have specified better, perhaps, but I'm showing off the source of the lights and the night sky. (I don't know what to call the source, as it's not a city, not a village.... and those are all the words I know for places :p except "places", of course)

Maybe a town perhaps?

If the pollution is the subject then I think you did a good job of capturing it.

TOWN! Yes, thank you, it's a small town! :)

I'm here to help.

Is English not your first language?

I would not have guessed based on your posts.

Nope, I'm Norwegian. I can write English pretty decent, but talking is another thing. When I write the words come to me, but when I talk I'm left standing wondering what word to use and stuff like that. I'm sure it would come with practice, but we have very little reason to speak English up here :p You need to come visit more often, and knock on some doors!

Yeah you're right...a friend of mine went to Norway and really liked it.

You wouldn't want to finance a trip for my wife and I would you?

If that's the case I'll be on a plane tomorrow.

Most people in Norway have a pretty decent understanding when it comes to the English language, and many of these people have no problem writing English that others can understand fairly easy. BUT...when it comes to talking, even those that are pretty good at it most of the time end up sounding like farmers with a weird and ugly accent. But, even when speaking that accent, you can meet people around the world that say it so lovely and that they like it when we talk (o_O) Still cannot see why, though :p

But as for the picture, i too can see god now ;) But other than that, I just wanted to say that sometimes light pollution works. Even though most of the time we try to avoid it, sometimes it ends up bringing some nice colors into the shot!

Edit:
If that's the case I'll be on a plane tomorrow.

You should hold on a couple of weeks...maybe even till the beginning of 2012! This time of year it is mostly wet everywhere - and rain is no fun! Better to wait till the whole country cools down a bit, and we get more snow - or come during the summer! Both spring and fall can be nice too, but this time - right in between fall and winter - is just not all that great!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back