C & C long exposure night shot

Blackbirdrider

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this the other night, 7 min exposure then flashlight over person at last few seconds of the shot with cross being the final added element during the photo. Let me know what you guys think and any tips or suggestions for further shots

Big-Creek-139-M.jpg

cool shot, but the street light on the right should be removed. looks out of place.

This is going to sound harsh, but don't take it too much to heart.

The shot is cliche and poorly executed.

HOWEVER... clearly you're just starting to play with this kind of thing and practice makes perfect. I think you may want to think a bit more about what you want to do with the controlled light sources, esp if you're thinking in terms of religious images and such... a haphazardly managed cross just isn't going to have much impact, IMO, and there's no real connection from the subject... who is also oddly dressed in a way. Cropping would help, btw... the image has too much dead space that isn't contributing at all to the picture.

I forgot to add...pay attention to small details. One small detail you missed, is that you should be implying that he is being lit by the cross. Seeing the shadows on his front side, makes it feel like he was lit by headlights, camera left.

thanks for the tips. Didnt think this one out too much it was my first attempt at something like this and real spur of the moment. That was actually the moon and not a street light but either way should not have been in the shot. Looking like having been lit from the cross would look much better as well as some other planning in the shot so not to look like a cliche shot thats poorly executed.

Most reactions

Back