C&C - Munch

Well.... You went from no comments ever, to more comments than I can possibly imagine for a snapshot of a garden variety Gray Squirrel.

:lol:

That's it! I'm selling my camera and taking up sewing :confused:

Rick58 said:
That's it! I'm selling my camera and taking up sewing :confused:

Haha... I was talking to the OP. he had mentioned that he generally had a tough time getting c/c.

manaheim said:
Haha... I was talking to the OP. he had mentioned that he generally had a tough time getting c/c.

Well generally I don't see posts to the galleries including "C&C" in the title, so I wondered if it was a deterrent to possible visitors to my threads :sexywink:

It's how most of us learn...funny antedotal tidbit of information; more than 75% of all the photographs taken since the first plate was made were taken in 2012. If you think about it, it's a staggering number and exponentially growing. Of all the shots made, there are but a handful of really-really "GREAT" shots, a smidgeon of "REALLY-REALLY Good Shots" and a host of "Okays.'" The rest are refrigerator art, which today, anyone with a camera, some basic PP skills, a website and a Vista business card can call themselves a professional, and do.

Please don't take this as a slam as it is not intended as such. It is us, that meaning most everyone on this forum, who strive to get past Okay, hopefully into Really Great and maybe at some point hit the big time and win an International Salon grand prize. We do this because we want to get better. We strive to LEARN from others. 14 or so hits on a mundane squirrel seems a bit excessive, but think of what he's learned from all these comments, links, etc. The brass ring is not possible unless there is an incentive to reach out...my take anyway.

tevo said:
Well generally I don't see posts to the galleries including "C&C" in the title, so I wondered if it was a deterrent to possible visitors to my threads :sexywink:

Lol

ceeboy14 said:
It's how most of us learn...funny antedotal tidbit of information; more than 75% of all the photographs taken since the first plate was made were taken in 2012. If you think about it, it's a staggering number and exponentially growing. Of all the shots made, there are but a handful of really-really "GREAT" shots, a smidgeon of "REALLY-REALLY Good Shots" and a host of "Okays.'" The rest are refrigerator art, which today, anyone with a camera, some basic PP skills, a website and a Vista business card can call themselves a professional, and do.

Please don't take this as a slam as it is not intended as such. It is us, that meaning most everyone on this forum, who strive to get past Okay, hopefully into Really Great and maybe at some point hit the big time and win an International Salon grand prize. We do this because we want to get better. We strive to LEARN from others. 14 or so hits on a mundane squirrel seems a bit excessive, but think of what he's learned from all these comments, links, etc. The brass ring is not possible unless there is an incentive to reach out...my take anyway.

This is true! Had this photo been great by anyone's standards, I would not have been given knowledge on how to better my wildlife shots so that I can make improvements in the future. Wildlife photography is something I am entirely new to, so I appreciate any advice I am given.

Buckster has some amazing wildlife photos. maybe he will post a few of his squirrel shots as examples.

Most reactions

Back