C&C my composition

NikonNewb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Trying to get a better eye for composition, rule of thirds, etc.
i liked this pic better with the larger aperture for more bokeh. my fav of all.
2z87yue.jpg

flva5w.jpg

ax07wh.jpg

308wke8.jpg

not sure if these work...what do you think? too boring? i just liked the textures.

Last edited:
#1 is great, that red really pops

.....i liked this pic better with the larger aperture for more bokeh.....
For what it's worth.......
Bokeh is an oft mis-used term.

Bokeh is the quality of the blur, not the blur itself. Aperture size has little effect on bokeh.

Some lenses produce bokeh that is undersireable to many photographers, like the bokeh produced by catadioptric mirror lenses. All the specular highlights in the background are little circles or partial circles.

The number of aperture blades a lens uses has a big effect on bokeh as does the shape of the blades.

great shots ... what lens did you use

#1 is very good. I really like it. The others, not so much. But #1 rocks.

Don't be discouraged. Here's what Ansel Adams had to say:

"Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop."

If you get one or two good images (keepers) per session, you're doing good IMHO. I often go to shoots, shoot 150 or so pics, then come home and black flag (reject) all but 2 or 3... and I'm lucky if I find one I REALLY like.

this is the d5000 with kit lens. 18-55
i agree, i only really like the first shot too. when i saw how the flowers were arranged i thought that it looked like it would make a great pic. i tried it using large aperture and small aperture, and liked the large aperture best.

this is the d5000 with kit lens. 18-55
i agree, i only really like the first shot too. when i saw how the flowers were arranged i thought that it looked like it would make a great pic. i tried it using large aperture and small aperture, and liked the large aperture best.

**** ..... ill give it to nikon, that 18-55 vr kicks ass.

i was censored!

Most reactions

Back