C&C. my first HDR photo

a1157814a

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
91And3more-cropjpeg.jpg

tell me what you think please

Last edited:
looking at it its not really looking much like an HDR to me. The color looks off. I dont know if it is or not but it looks it from here. To me the idea behind HDR is to see all the details of a shot. The rocks while you can see some detail dont seem to have enough to really make it pop as an HDR for me. http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/landscape-cityscape/151053-barn-hdr.html here is one I took. The detail of the grass in the foreground would normally be lost if the exposure was were it needed to be. The over exposure shot allowed for the detail in the grass to come out.

looking at it its not really looking much like an HDR to me. The color looks off. I dont know if it is or not but it looks it from here. To me the idea behind HDR is to see all the details of a shot. The rocks while you can see some detail dont seem to have enough to really make it pop as an HDR for me. http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/landscape-cityscape/151053-barn-hdr.html here is one I took. The detail of the grass in the foreground would normally be lost if the exposure was were it needed to be. The over exposure shot allowed for the detail in the grass to come out.

makes sense. i think i was more concentrated on getting both the colors of the sky and the ocean. i'll be sure to get the details as well on my next try.

makes sense. i think i was more concentrated on getting both the colors of the sky and the ocean. i'll be sure to get the details as well on my next try.
Just expose properly then step down 2 steps and up 2 steps. If the image is properly exposed the colors will be there. Just out of curiosity do you have the original normal exposure image? I would like to see it.

Very oof, coors don't look "right", and it lacks a place where it is actually in focus.

Just expose properly then step down 2 steps and up 2 steps. If the image is properly exposed the colors will be there. Just out of curiosity do you have the original normal exposure image? I would like to see it.

i would post that but i can't figure which of these pics is the one taken at exposure compensation 0
is there any way to figure that out? i didn't take it in RAW

doesnt look to HDRish to me, looks like it has a very significant cooling filter on it. do you have the original picture with the normal exposure?

doesnt look to HDRish to me, looks like it has a very significant cooling filter on it. do you have the original picture with the normal exposure?

yea.. it was my first try. i didn't get the details and all that i wanted. the below pic i THINK is the one with normal exposure.. i don't have it labeled so that one might be +1
i actually like the sky on the original picture better but i had hard time getting the rocks to show on that setting
d2.jpg

yeah i like that one a lot more, could still be brightened up a tad

Briefly; I use HDR to collect and basic tone map the dynamic range I'll be using in the completed image. HDR is in my opinion not an end product. You've increased the dynamic range of the combined exposures over the single exposure. The next step is to bring the image into photoshop and continue to develop the image into something you like using the new set of colors.

91And3more-cropjpeg.jpg

yea.. it was my first try. i didn't get the details and all that i wanted. the below pic i THINK is the one with normal exposure.. i don't have it labeled so that one might be +1
i actually like the sky on the original picture better but i had hard time getting the rocks to show on that setting

Remember with your + picture you want to be able to see the details in the shadows. It is going to leave the rest of the image over exposed but that is what HDR is all about combining the images to make one using all of the elements from the three images.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back