c&c on 11 year old

joylyn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This young lady is an 11 yr old aspiring model . Would love your input thanks in advance

$IMG_8897.jpg

Joylyn,

Nicely sharp, and the lighting is nice and soft on the model. The bright upper left corner is slightly distracting. I would have shot this vertically to show more of the model... she is a lovely little girl. Only 11? Wow, looks older! My biggest complaint is her left eye... it is closed down more than the right eye, and makes it look like she has a lazy eye. Head tilt is ok... but is she slightly tilting forward also? If so, that is emphasizing the left eye issue. You needed to either have her not tilt forward, or you needed to shoot from a lower perspective.

Model/fashion work is a whole different ballgame; details count. They count a LOT! One thing that leaps out at me from this image is her left eye; the lid is partially closed and bisecting the pupil. I think this might have been stronger shot in portrait orientation, and with a bit more contrast on her skin, but you've nailed the focus, and the exposure is good, just maybe not quite as exciting as we would wish.

That's what 11 looks like today?

Model/fashion work is a whole different ballgame; details count. They count a LOT! One thing that leaps out at me from this image is her left eye; the lid is partially closed and bisecting the pupil. I think this might have been stronger shot in portrait orientation, and with a bit more contrast on her skin, but you've nailed the focus, and the exposure is good, just maybe not quite as exciting as we would wish.

That's what 11 looks like today?

Damn... did you copy me? ;) lol!

Bunch of dirty old men hahah just kidding . thanks for the input will post a few more That I did take in portrait. One of these photos will be used for her latest pageant.

The first image of your second group (In future, please number images within the post to make C&C easier) is a great shot!

oh I did number them in the 2nd set :wink: and ty my fav is the 1st

I like #1 (second set).. but still a little droopy on that left eye (and the eyes are way oversharpened!). These kind of bother me... an 11 year shouldn't look 19! Personal Opinion of course!

I didnt really sharpen the eyes too much no biggie :) will fix I know she looks older then she is, no makeup was applied at all except alittle lip gloss . I smoothed her skin in photoshop and adjusted the wb and that was it.

I didnt really sharpen the eyes too much no biggie :) will fix I know she looks older then she is, no makeup was applied at all except alittle lip gloss . I smoothed her skin in photoshop and adjusted the wb and that was it.

Why does an 11 year old need skin smoothing?

well because her pores are large and she had some acne

Most reactions

Back