What's new

C&C on a Few Shots From My College Campus Please

Joined
Apr 20, 2013
Messages
265
Reaction score
80
Location
Philly
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Slippery Rock University in Western PA
$Rock in Quad Small.webp

$Sculpture and Tree Small.webp

$Bench Small.webp
 
The first one looks very very soft, and not very interesting in the first place.

I quite like the other two, though. They're pretty good pictures of sculptures in context. Nice work getting down low, these are two sculptures that, to my eye, benefit from the low angle.

I think they would both benefit from a slightly wider angle of view, to give us more context. You have the beginning of an idea in the second one, showing us the echoed shape of the sculpture against the building behind, there are some repeated/parallel lines in there that's nice.

The last one gives the appearance of tipping toward the right. I'm not sure if that's an optical illusion, or if you actually tilted the camera a bit. Either way, I think the photo would be better tipped the other way a bit to make it appear more "upright"
 
amolitor gave you some good advice ^
One other note for future shots - I notice that in all of these, you have the subject in the centre of the frame. Try mixing it up a little; put the subject to the left or right for some variety.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom