C&C on a quinceanera photoshoot, thanks as always!

LuckySe7en

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I would like to get some feedback on my progress. I've been working hard to produce quality photos and I need some honest feedback.
For information purposes, all were shot with a T2i and a 50.
IMG_0615.jpg

j1.jpg

j2.jpg

Not really fond of the over the shoulder poses.

I really like the one on the stairs, but it reads "lonely at the prom" to me. Maybe a cuter/happier look, engaging the camera may have helped alleviate that feeling.

I'm very fond of the stairs, I like the lines and I like the contrast between the dark background and her bright dress. Only downside is I'd like to see her smile a bit more :) It's a happy occasion.

I agree with both above me. good framing but she could have looked a little happier. over all nice work. if you guys get a chance and check out the new born I shot and c&c. No where near as good as all of you but I'll get there.

thanks for the comments. I was going for a dramatic look on the staircase. I'm trying to do different things. I have another with her smiling.
Any comments on the overall processing? I'm worried that I'm over-doing the skin. Thanks

nice edit traveler. I knew there was something about her back that drew too much attention, thanks. I'll tone it down a bit

I wouldnt use white vignette if I were you. Good job otherwise.

thanks Schwetty, I swear I can't get away from the vignette! I really do try but it's like crack!

Crack is whack!

I also think you should really experiment with focal length 85 or longer. If you think 50mm is cool, wait until you try 85. You should be fine outdoor.

IMG_0615.jpg

Also, shot like this... look at the grass on the top right. Remove it! Either crop it closer or use clone tool. It is a distraction.

yea I caught that. This was an earlier edit. On the actual print, I cropped that out. Thanks! I'm a big fan of your work so it makes me feel better about my work knowing you think it's acceptable ;)

thanks Schwetty, I swear I can't get away from the vignette! I really do try but it's like crack!

Stop it hipster! lol

But seriously stop it. The vignette should only be used when it is actually needed for a correction.

Shots are better then most I see of 15's.

Eyes open is much better then eyes closed. Much better.

IMG_0615.jpg

Also, shot like this... look at the grass on the top right. Remove it! Either crop it closer or use clone tool. It is a distraction.

Youre like hawk schwetty. Kakaw!

Stop it hipster! lol

But seriously stop it. The vignette should only be used when it is actually needed for a correction.

Shots are better then most I see of 15's.

Eyes open is much better then eyes closed. Much better.

Thanks, Joe. Believe it or not, I have a shot or two sans vignetting. I'll post it in a few.

Most reactions

Back