C&C on my Boxer

Missdaisy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first attemt at taking a photo of my boxer Anna Belle. What do you think, how can this shot be better? FYI: I JUST got my D300 on Thursday so I have been playing around with it trying to get familiar with the camera.

AnnaBelle.jpg

It seems somewhat out of focus, but it's a great idea for a shot

That's a wonderful expression on your dogs face. I can't really see the focus issues the previous poster mentioned, but then again I'm veiwing on an iPhone at the moment.

I like it ;)

It's a nice capture, but it seems to have two different light sources (natural from the right and indoor lighting of some sort from the left...incandescent?). And it does appear that the focus is off...the eyes aren't sharp. Looks like there is no exif available...do you know the shot settings for this image? ISO, aperture, shutter speed and focal length?

It's a nice capture, but it seems to have two different light sources (natural from the right and indoor lighting of some sort from the left...incandescent?). And it does appear that the focus is off...the eyes aren't sharp. Looks like there is no exif available...do you know the shot settings for this image? ISO, aperture, shutter speed and focal length?
Samanax there are two light sources but they are both natural, from the left my front door is open and that faces west so it's the sun going down, on the right it's just light coming in through a window on the east side. I don't have the settings available right now, I will post them tonight once I get home.

Samanax there are two light sources but they are both natural, from the left my front door is open and that faces west so it's the sun going down, on the right it's just light coming in through a window on the east side.
Ahhh...the golden color of the light fooled me...didn't even consider it was evening light (golden hour?). Nice light.

I do see the focus issue that has already been pointed out, but I don't think that it takes away from the picture. I like it!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back