C&C on this Picture of Downtown Richmond

rell804

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here is a picture i took at Night Time from Elevated View of Downtown Richmond VA. I really just wanted a Sharp Image, it turned out Decent In my opinion, but really wanna hear what others have to say.

Camera:
Canon T3 with Stock Lens Nothing Fancy, Straight out the Box.

Settings:
0"8
AV Setting
One Shot Mode
ISO On Auto
Standard 3, 0, 0, 0

IMG_4612.jpg

I understand you are new so don't take any of this the wrong way.

This photo has many things wrong that make it not a good image. First the horizon splits the image in half and is crooked. Second there isn't anything interesting in the image. Third the lights are blown out. Finally the sky has nothing in it at all so half the image is dead space.

A shot like this you should pick either the sky or the city to focus on and use the rule of thirds to put the horizon at a 1/3 line. Also shooing in manual would be much better to control the exposure better. Also a better vantage point of the city would be needed.

Thanks, yeah i knew the sky was a problem.......i actually took other shots that was more of the city, less sky but came out too blurry for my liking....yeah im new to this and its gonna take a while to get use to all this.....lol....but thanks for the Input.

I agree with Scuba. A lot of dead space in the sky which includes a tree branch in the top right corner that needs to be cropped out. For me all the blown out lights on the bottom of the image really ruins it for me. Keep shooting and learning and your photos will just keep getting better!

I didnt even see that tree branch LMAO.......Thanks guys, yeah i didnt edit this photo at all either so....maybe cropping out the sky some?? Or completely trashed Image lmao....be honest!! Or maybe one of you all can edit so i can see how it suppose to look??

looks more like a shot of an apartment building.

The River actually runs behind it but couldnt get it with what i was working with lol..........

This is how I would personally crop the image. For me the blown out lights completely ruin the image.

$IMG_4612.jpg

Most reactions

Back