C&C Pier picture

C&C per req:

As mentioned, the image is somewhat underexposed, but I think that can be adjusted in post. You've made good use of leading lines, but I would like to see the child have a stronger presence in the image. I think perhaps cropping a bit of the foreground and some of the sky might make for a stronger image.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Nice photo -- it tells a story. I agree the little girl is pretty small and a crop might help.

The technical problems are the camera's fault. The image processor compressed the tonal response (looks underexposed and flat) and couldn't get a clue what to do with the WB. This is common for in-camera JPEGs from any brand/model camera so you don't have a defective camera. The technology is basically lacking. I corrected the tone response (Levels) and color so you could see the difference.

pier.jpg

Take Care,
Joe

It's not doing that much for me, i think you will get some better shots under the pier i had some from a few years ago but can't find them, i think this is Saltburn with Redcar in the background
236437151_f5sXN-L.jpg

Thanks for the response guys! gsgary nice shot and yes that is Redcar in the background. Its the famous/infamous Corus Steelworks that where shut down earlier this year. Clanthar thanks for the edit. To be honest i'm not sure i like it better. Its certainly sharper and brighter but the day was very dull, overcast and there was a hint of darkness to the clouds. Your edit has made it look like a sunny day. Thanks very much though:thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back