TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
3063038662_d337430250.jpg

3055337488_d77a8698ee.jpg

3062200955_e3c2a254d6.jpg

3062201493_45ae59778f.jpg

Thanks for looking. any C&C please, what u like/dont like... composition...id like to hear anything u have to say!

-Dan

Really really love the first one! Interesting view of a cat! Nice! Thanks for sharing!!

Interesting close-up in the first shot, but I wish his (her?) right eye wasn't cut off. I find it distracting.

The cat has a great pose in the second picture, but again, I think the background could have been better. It's pretty busy and high contrast which isn't ideal... the vertical line going through the cat's head is what grabbed my attention first. I know it's hard to take pictures of animals because you can't exactly ask them to pose (especially cats!) but it's worth it. You've got a very cute subject there.

Those are just my opinions, of course.

Pretty cat.

The first shot, the crop is kind off... cut her poor eye right in half.

On all of your shots the color balance is way off... they are all kind of pink. If they appear normal to you, you may need to calibrate your monitor. BTW, taking a picture of a predominantly white subject is a bear, and often creates color problems.

Thanks sim and manaheim for the comments, ill try to work on composing my shots better, and ill try to fix my colors as well....

anyone else? keep the C&C coming please!

Depth Of Field. basically when something is in focus and everything else isnt, as in the snake pictures.

As said, they are all kinda pinkish, 2 and 3 i like. first one is kinda overwhelming for me, and 4 has the subject looking away

all of the pictures have sort of a "pinkish" or "warm" to them.

personally i like the dof on the snake shots...

i think i like #3 the most

maybe you should try putting the snake in the grass or in a bush to make it look more natural. Unless that (rat snake?) was just slithering along your driveway and its not your pet.

ron, could you elaborate a little on the DOF?

#1 beautiful - minus the crop
#2 awesome - the door going down her head isn't distracting to me at all like it was to another poster...
#3 like it alot - I like the small depth of field
#4 bad dof - To me my eyes want to follow the body to the head and the body being out of focus makes it very distracting & unpleasing to me... Where as in #3 your instantly hit with the subject (the head) being clear and sharp and his body trailing out of focus which I like...

I am a noob so take my post lightly it's just a noobs opinion.

I like the last two alot, but would have liked to see a little bit more of the snake in focus. Overall good shots though.

#1 - Too pink, good framing
#2 - Could use less DOF so the door and floor are less distracting and give it a dreamier look (suiting the cats look) but you used a great angle
#3 - Good DOF, but i would have gone even lower for the shot (if i wasn't so freaked out by snakes :p)
#4 - Probably goes against a lot of photographing rules, and it does look a bit ackward, but that's just why i like that one.

I think these are all great efforts, but agree with the earlier comments about DOF and cropping. The thing that bugs me most though is the off color. I'm on a calibrated monitor and all of these images have a very pink cast to them that I find a bit objectionable. Invest in a good color puck to calibrate your monitor. Not only will your images look MUCH better, but you'll save a lot of money in printing as well because the color will be correct the first time around.

Good luck and thanks for posting these- I enjoyed looking at them!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back