C&C Please - Apples and Oranges

Deker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm not sure why but these pictures just don't seem right to me. Could you help me out? I think their out of focus but I can't really pinpoint it.

EDITED TO ADD: Okay, I finally embedded it. Sorry!
3314248630_261760ecf9_b.jpg

3314248622_eb04feab73_b.jpg

3314248626_cc5e1978a0_b.jpg

Last edited:
For future reference, it's much easier to look over and comment on images if they're in the actual post. There's a button for it in the forum editor.

You know, I really like these. I think the first is my favorite, followed by the second. The angle plus the harsh light create a really interesting rustic feeling, which I think looks really great. Number two is a little less interesting to me, but still good. The repeating horizontal lines look really nice.

The last one seems to be suffering from a little bit of motion blur and the harsh light from this angle just doesn't do it for me.

Well done!

I don't see any pictures. All I see are links... Are we supposed to do something with the links? :lol:

Don't be scared. Post the images in this thread so we can see. I rarely do links.... even with people I know. :(

COMPLETELY love the second photo. composition is postively perfect. something i can see my mother blowing up to hang. [she has excellent taste by the way] :D

Your focus is definitely off but it's close in the first two. What camera/lens combo are you using?

There's a lot of noise in these pictures...were they taken with a P&S camera?

Focus looks okay in the first image...did you do any post processing work on them? Could use a little more sharpening.

Looks like the camera focused on the railing instead of the apples in the second shot. And it looks like the camera wasn't level for this shot...everything is leaning towards the left.

The third picture is either out-of-focus or is suffering from camera shake.

The photos are a little dull but I didn't find them to be so out of focus that they aren't workable. Here are a couple of examples of what you can do to spruce them up a little. In working with them I found the second photograph to be far superior to the other two.

PHOTO 1

3589303327_fe11167fe1.jpg

PHOTO 2

3590109996_f464b6c01f.jpg

I did quite a bit of wrangling with the colors and removed some of the noise. (Unless that's the look you're going for, there shouldn't be that much noise for a stationary object in bright sun, BTW) I also cropped the photographs to be more pleasing.

Just throwing out some ideas.

Good adjustment for the depth of field in the yellow oranges. Looks all perfectly good to me.

These are nice..

I think maybe if the very edge of the first orange wasn't hidden behind the post, it would be slightly better, IMO

The second one is nice...looks like a plum on the end...no??

The third one is definitely out of focus and might have been a little more effective with more even lighting. I don't care for the harsh shadows on the sides.

These all DO look a little grainy..was that on purpose?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back