C&C Please

Guinness Man

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took a lot of advice from my recent posts and wanted to throw another one up that I think is much improved. go easy, they're family. lol

2ypby1f.jpg

i think it would be awesome if she had the hair behind her ears so that her eyes weren't so dark but still very awesome

Not bad but it seems pretty soft. Always focus on the eyes and since there are 2 people you might need to use a smaller aperture for a bit more depth of field. I can't really tell but it looks like there might be some movement near the baby's head from too slow of a shutter speed. Not to bad overall though!
TJ

I found the image a little bit soft, her face and the baby's face specialty the eyes are out of focus in a portrait that is a NO NO.

Back light is kind of overexpose and make the mom eyes look under expose.
The skins tone tent to be a little bit warm more than what you really want

Next time be carefull with the back light it is look that the back light is 1 or 2 stop over your key light. If you notice your BG is really bright and her face is a lot more dark it should be inverted.

About composition and pose I like they look really nice

beautiful family!

im a noob so take this lightly, but i think the background is just a little too harsh (bright) and wish the eyes were more in focus. would be nice if her eye color popped a little more.

otherwise i think its great.

I shot it in front of a 20" softbox. because it was small she had to be close. Just testing with the bright background. Once I get a bigger softbox I can pull her further in front and avoid the brightness of the background

I shot it in front of a 20" softbox. because it was small she had to be close. Just testing with the bright background. Once I get a bigger softbox I can pull her further in front and avoid the brightness of the background

awesome. i think the brightness works though. its not bad imho though. i like it. :thumbup:

brightness is fine... but mebbe throw up a white reflector a little lower in front to get a bit of light up into the shadow areas?

Sorry but I have to disagree with you a 20" soft-box is enough to light her face and the babys face. If you open your aperture 5.6 and use a tripod that should make the trick never is good to overpower the back light against your key light if you want to create a Light halo arrount the back of the subject I will suggest some grids to avoid the spill of light and iluminate the BG as the same apperture of the key light that will give you separation between subject and BG creating a more pleasant look to the subject only my two cents

Cute family, decent shot.
Light her from the side her hair part is on, light slightly above and to the side.
Photo is not very sharp.
Looks like there was a light below from behind, that is way to bright.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back