C&C Please!!

sjlogghe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I finally decided what camera to buy ... thanks to those who answered my thread regarding that!

Anyways, I took a few shots at a birthday party recently - my friend's twins' first birthday! I finally had some time to edit a few of them.

Just wanting to know what you guys think ... I had only had my camera for a week, and this was really my first day of playing with it.

Also, suggestions on how/what to change/do differently would be greatly appreciated!!

DSC_0225-2.jpg

DSC_0200-2.jpg

DSC_0238-2.jpg

DSC_0243-2.jpg

Quite good, but the sharpness could be a bit better. Maybe by setting the focus more exactly.

The third is fine. Nice moment. The fourth is fine, could use a little more contrast.

The selective coloring is fun, but you should ask yourself what does selective coloring in image X say to the viewer? To you? Is it just fun, or is there a point? If it's just fun and it has no point... well...

The first one is seriously tilted, could do with some sharpening.

This is really just scratching the surface, but something to think about as you grow... there are technical elements to master in order to get the compositional effects you are looking for, but you have to understand what composition is and what you want in order to take a photo from technically competent to "wow". When you post here asking if a photo is good, you will probably mostly get technical feedback. Don't fall into the trap of thinking that is the be-all end-all of a good photo. It isn't. You need it, as I said, but don't get lost in it.

Two words, Fill Flash......Nice and soft; set on low. OK that was more than two words. :er:

^^ you washed it out pretty majorly.

true... that was personal preference... The dodging the face, cloning out the drool spot, adjusting levels to lighten, burning the background, etc HAD to be done.

Its a good first attempt. As others mentioned, these can use some contrast and try shooting thinking that you won't do any post processing.

also also, pay attention to the lighting! If you're shooting with backlighting (which you should not be doing!), make sure you use some fill flash!

Maybe we need a 3rd option
My photos are NOT ok to edit
My photos are OK to edit
My photos are OK to edit, but try not to be an idiot when you do so

true... that was personal preference... The dodging the face, cloning out the drool spot, adjusting levels to lighten, burning the background, etc HAD to be done.

err... you made the kid look like one of the undead.

Most reactions

Back