TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, somewhat new to it all here, would love to get some C&C

6297660258_5a1772e12e.jpg

6297129329_d92ca99d32.jpg

6297659524_fc66fc53be.jpg

The first two look a little over-saturated, although I like the symmetry in the second one.

The third one is not too bad. I would crop out what appears to be another waterfalls in the upper left of the image - it is too distracting. As far as the rest of it goes, it looks a little dark - perhaps brighten up the rocks a bit to try and bring out some of their detail, if they have any. Another suggestion, is to try a polarizer when shooting water, as it can be used to take out the glare or glistening off the water.

The only other thing is a request - please number your images when you post them as it makes it a lot easier for a reviewer to refer to them.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

I really like the color and composition in the first shot, lovely! It does feel a bit too constrasty though..maybe dial that down a bit. The second shot doesn't hold my interest as much, I think a lot of detail has been lost in the yellow due to either overexposure, saturation too high, or too much contrast. I'd definitely tone that down a bit..it also seems oversharpened. It would be great if you could share the SOOC of that shot so we can see if the detail was lost in camera or in editing.

The third one is nice and sharp, with good clarity. You might try a different crop though...my eye keeps going to the waterfall chopped off in the upper left corner. Thanks for sharing!

For #3, if you could, you should have removed the leaf on the bottom right. Really distracting, try cloning it out.

Thanks for the feedback! The first two were shot with my iPhone 4S using an Olloclip. I did some work on the tone and tried to add some pop, which is what caused the above appearance. The 3rd was shot on my 1100D, didn't have a polarizer for that. I will definitely try when I get home to tinker with them some more.

Edit:

If you want to see the specs I was shooting with you can check out my 500px profile and it will tell you. Feel free to offer any advice on what I have there as well I really appreciate it!

http://500px.com/Rob_Brewer

Most reactions

Back