C&C please!

amandalee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Trying to get better and have been practicing more. Here I took some shots of a friends newborn for her. His name is Truman! C&C is greatly appreciated. If someone could also explain how to sharpen for web thats greatly appreciated as well I have CS5. Thanks in advance!

IMG_5986.jpg

IMG_6001.jpg

IMG_6042.jpg

IMG_6036.jpg

Not a big fan of the foggy processing but I know it's a personal preference. The hand seems out of focus. I think I like the full baby sleeping the best, but again it's a bit too 'foggy' for me.

hate the processing....

i think the processing is fine; it gives a very dreamy feel to the photos. imho, #1 and #4 would've turned out to be pretty good photos if the focusing wasn't off.

IMO, the only one that works with this specific processing it #2. When opened eyes are in the frame, usually the human mind wants to see them clear and detailed and it's looking for that unconsciously. Also the #4 and probably #3 are out of focus - can't be sure for #3 because of the processing. #4 would have been a good shot it the wrinkles of the fingers would have been clear - these wrinkles are part of being new-born.

To respond to the sharpening question, the only sharpening I do when I feel necessary is by using the high-pass filter technique. Google it and you should find tutorials.

i tried sharpening the first one using textures in photoshop

$IMG_5986.jpg

Not a fan of the processing either. #2 the crop on the leg is awkward. #3 is too tight a crop. #1 & #4 are the best, but need to be reprocessed. #4 does seem a bit soft.

Thanks guys for your opinions! I'm glad I keep all of the originals! Lol! BOGS how did you do that? lol

Most reactions

Back