What's new

C&C please?

obscure.individual

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 23, 2012
Messages
133
Reaction score
9
Location
the Qua, NY
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$image-1522030560.webp

the control tower at La Guardia Airport. i took this while in a moving car with my iPhone 4S.
 
I like it. I like the floating whatever that is next to the tower. This is purely personal, but I wish that the negative space were on the same side of that thing. Why? I have no clue. It just seems like that's where it should be! LOL!

Edit: I figured out my WHY! The light is flowing in from the right side making the image darker to the negative space.
 
Frequency said:

thanks! :D

MLeeK said:
I like it. I like the floating whatever that is next to the tower. This is purely personal, but I wish that the negative space were on the same side of that thing. Why? I have no clue. It just seems like that's where it should be! LOL!

Edit: I figured out my WHY! The light is flowing in from the right side making the image darker to the negative space.

you mean the streetlight? lol
are you trying to say that you'd rather that it be cropped so that there is no negative space on the right? i'm not sure if i'm understanding you right.. :p
 
No, I am wishing you had placed your negative space to the other side.
 
MLeeK said:
No, I am wishing you had placed your negative space to the other side.

Agreed.
 
No, I am wishing you had placed your negative space to the other side.

maybe a tighter crop on the left side? not sure if that would help it, but it would get rid of some of the space.
 
MLeeK said:
No, I am wishing you had placed your negative space to the other side.

o hey tyler said:

ah, now i get what you're saying. like i said in the OP, i took this photo from a moving car, and what i posted is a cropped version. is this what you want?
$image-1443637937.webp



pixmedic said:
maybe a tighter crop on the left side? not sure if that would help it, but it would get rid of some of the space.

here's what you suggested combined with what they suggested

$image-196818190.webp
 
If you actually get out of the car to shoot you'll have much better control of the composition. The photos tend to come out sharper as well.
 
KenC said:
If you actually get out of the car to shoot you'll have much better control of the composition. The photos tend to come out sharper as well.

my dad was driving, i'm only 15. i had a flight to Chicago that i was in a rush to get to. i don't usually take photos from in a moving car, ahaha. and remember, i was using an iPhone.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom