C&C plz...another try with my wife...(do i need to edit them)

henryalg01

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hi been so long i'm not coming here , very bezz... just this afternoon i took my wife to beach and asked her to be my model, your critique always welcome

$IMG_0471copy.jpg

$IMG_0470copy.jpg

$IMG_0468copy.jpg

$IMG_0466copy.jpg

$IMG_0400copy.jpg

$IMG_0397copy.jpg

$IMG_0385copy.jpg

all photos are original , not editing

The main thing you need to do is get more light onto her face. The bright background is causing her face to be under-exposed in almost all of these images. A gold or silver-gold reflect or diffused off-camera speedlight would take these from 'Okay' to 'Wow!'. Additionally, try using longer focal lengths and larger apertures to more effecitvely isolate her from the background.

1 through 4 look flat. As mentioned before, more light on the face and don't be afraid to experiment with different apertures.

The main thing you need to do is get more light onto her face. The bright background is causing her face to be under-exposed in almost all of these images. A gold or silver-gold reflect or diffused off-camera speedlight would take these from 'Okay' to 'Wow!'. Additionally, try using longer focal lengths and larger apertures to more effecitvely isolate her from the background.

so do i need optional flash ? or just set my manual mode ?

In almost every image, a body part is cut off (toes, hand, foot). Be mindful of this.

it happens and for that time of day if you can have somebody hold a reflector it would make a world of difference. Cheaper thn buying a flash.

No sense beatting you up over and over on the same pionts. I'm not a portrait guy but if I had to pick one it would be #2, but even in that shot the lighting isn't flattering and the poor girl had to suffer having her toes amputated. The good thing about digital is, the film is cheap to try again.

No sense beatting you up over and over on the same pionts. I'm not a portrait guy but if I had to pick one it would be #2, but even in that shot the lighting isn't flattering and the poor girl had to suffer having her toes amputated. The good thing about digital is, the film is cheap to try again.
hahahaha Rick i got your point....poor my wife being amputated ....was my fault in a rush...i just bough new cam 60D 18-135mm and being selfish click here and click there without looking the details....

I do think they could use a little more post-processing, if not just to get a little bit more brightness in her face and body since the sun was behind you.

Here's a quick edit of the first one:

You could probably go a little bit further with the curves and whatnot if you wanted to.

ok how about this one...quick edit and all body part are complete :

$IMG_0462acopy.jpg

thx rex i've been thinking to edit those too...but i can't fix the cut one

Most reactions

New Topics

Back