TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
im a super noob... C&C appreciated :)

IMG_2043edited.jpg

Quite nice. Good use of leading lines and reflections; the sky is a bit weak however. That could have been addressed with a graduated ND filter or CPOL.

Thanks guys. So how much are filters and what's a good but cheap one? Like what do they do.If someone could provide a link that would be cool. So without a filter is there anything else I could have done to make it better? Maybe HDR?

Most filters vary in price. Sunpak offers a variety of cheaper filters, around $10 on average, and then a nice graduated ND is around $20-$30, I just usually have them ordered in through a local camera shot, if I don't find them online, or don't want to wait to have them shipped.

Where filters are concerned, 'you get what you pay for' is highly applicable. I think I paid $100-$120 for my CPol and it was the cheapest of the bunch I was considering.

Where filters are concerned, 'you get what you pay for' is highly applicable. I think I paid $100-$120 for my CPol and it was the cheapest of the bunch I was considering.

Couldn't agree more. For grads and ND grads, the Cokin system works well, and is reasonably price. For CPOLs and similar, look to Tiffen or Hoya multi-coated lines, B+W/Schneider, Heliopan or Singh-Ray. Expect to pay at least $75 for a 67mm and as much as $450 for a high-end 77mm.

Most reactions

Back