What's new

c&c - Seascape

Yantropov

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 21, 2012
Messages
115
Reaction score
11
Location
Vancouver, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Lens: VR 16-85mm F/3,5-5,6G
Focal Length: 16mm
Aperture: F/3,5
Shutter Speed: 1/1000s
ISO 125
7029265355_d57deacbee_b.jpg
 
Last edited:
I like the simplicity of it.

You really badly need to straighten that horizon, and while you're at it try a curves adjustment to give it some pop.

You probably should have stopped the lens down to f8-f11 for better sharpness and depth of field, although the shot doesn't look particularly unsharp to me, in this size.
 
In addition to Fokker's comments I'll add that you may want to consider the acquisition of a polarizing filter to increase saturation and cloud/sky contrast. This will also help impart some 'pop' to the image.
 
Thanks alot guys. I need to straighten out my pictures, that's a fact! Learned more about the rule of thirds... Thanks again and I'll post some more pretty soon.
 
I second a polarizer. A GND filter will also help out tremendously (graduated neutral density filter).

I'd also shoot for different perspectives. Get down on the ground, etc. Anything different than what you would see if someone walked up and snapped a picture of the scene.
 
Here is my first Photoshop edit, I straightened the picture, modified the RGB curve and slightly adjusted the Shadows/highlights... Please tell me what you think.

6887027320_4d99b6ac53_b.jpg
 
That is much better, but I still feel there's more to the sky than what you're getting. I adjusted curves on the sky (by using layer masks), and added a black frame :)

You may not like it, but I feel it's more dynamic and alive :)

I like the simple composition :thumbsup:


6887027320_4d99b6ac53_bedit.jpg
 
Like it Compaq, thanks. I still have alot to learn with my camera and PS.
 
Maybe try a lower perspective, as well. A few rocks in the foreground can do wonders. Or even just a small log or something. It doesn't have to be big, just so that we notice it. What we put in the foreground can be most everything, but it very often adds to it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom