C&C: Skateboarding

brysons

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.brysonsteadman.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I haven't shot a lot of action shots, but I was downtown the other day and saw the skaters out, as usual and asked them if I could shoot, they didn't mind. A few of them were even enthusiastic about it, it was very encouraging. I shot for about 5-10 minutes, long enough to get a sense for what kinds of things I want to think about next time.

C&C on the results, be thorough ;-)

#1:
3612363511_5699fc1851_o.jpg

3612363031_69aba458df_o.jpg

3613177952_96bf3f2729_o.jpg

Those are some good photos, I personally enjoy skating, it's always good to see other people rippin it up!

Cool photos. The skater seems to be slightly underexposed in the second two, though.

The lines are clear and teh focus is strong, but there are too many distractions in the photos. The tie-dye dress in #1, the couple in white in #2, and the dark doorway #3 all draw the eye.

I like the shots, try cropping them more.

I like the shots, try cropping them more.
I would but I don't think there is enough detail on the skaters, benlonghair was right when that they are a bit underexposed. It would also take some really heavy cropping to get all the distractions out (they are already cropped a bit), and because of all this I think I might just be better off re-shooting.

Given the choice, I'd rather shoot than process anyway. ;)

Yeah, and about this "cropping" since I've heard it 50 million times on herel... Can someone please explain to me what this "cropping" means???

Yeah, and about this "cropping" since I've heard it 50 million times on herel... Can someone please explain to me what this "cropping" means???

Cropping is when you cut out some parts of the photo on the edges. You can do this with almost any photo program(i.e. gimp, photoshop, even the program that comes with a camera)

E.g. This is #3 before I cropped it.
skate_nocrop.jpg

Notice how there it is significantly taller than the one I posted and has more area to the left

I wanted to crop some for him...but
My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit.....
Bah, sorry about that. I updated my preferences. I don't have any problem with people editing my files for use on these forums. I could post higher-rez versions with less jpeg artifacting if you really think that cropping can help what (in my opinion) is a photo that just needs to be re-shot.

Most reactions

Back