C&C Squirrel photos!

I actually think this last one you just posted is much more interesting than the first 3. It just looks more natural to have the squirrel sitting in the tree and doesn't have the distracting background of the street that the 1st one does.

the tighter crop definately improved the picture. Not to take away from the orignal itself, because that was actually better than your first three.

Yeah! I do like the crop you did on it. It does make it look better. Though I still would like to even be closer to it. If I was out side that could be a different story.

The blurred background does make it look better. You can't really tell as much that it is the back yard and you kind of don't think about the neighbor's fence you see back there, and you can begin to see there house as well. Actually with how it is cropped you can't really tell it's a fence back there.

-Christopher

I have a canon 18-55 IS and a canon 55-250 IS. the 18 only goes down to F3.5...

One day I will get even closer. This animal thing is such a fun challenge for me, and I will keep doing this until I get something awesome!
Watch out CAG76 or you may find yourself buying a 400mm lens. Seriously though, photographing wildlife is the the thing I like best.

Actually I have had thoughts of getting a 400mm or a 500mm lens. There is a Sigma and a Tamron 500mm zoom lens that I was looking at but for some reason something tells me they are not very good. Only decent. I may have to fork out the money and go with a tele prime. That will have to happen later. I love taking animals, but I also love macro photography. That is what I will be focusing on for the summer. There is a Canon L series macro lens that is actually black in color. I like it because it's a distance macro lens so if I wanted to get bugs, I don't have to get too close to scare them off.

-Christopher

I prefer the first one like many of the previous posters. I just wish you would edit them to their finished state...as you would like them to be. Do you have Photoshop/Lightroom/Elements? That might be a good purchase if you do not already have one of them.

I thought I would edit the first one. You may or may not like what I did. I could prob do better if I had the raw, but this took about 3 minutes.

IMG_0232_edit3.jpg

Hmmmmm interesting! Yes I do have Photoshop CS3! I do a little editing. Maybe I am beating myself up too much, but sometimes I would like to create a spectacular image that uses very little to no photo editing. I think it's so rewarding. But this is true that I could do a bit more editing on my photos to make them pop or look more dramatic etc.

-Christopher

p.s. Feel free to play around with any of my other photos! Or edit this one even more.

Nice squirrel shots CAG76 :), as with most people I really like the first and last pictures. Well done.

Thanks! You use a 450 D huh? I think that is the XSi but in other countries it has a different name. Correct? I'd like to see some of your work.

Yeah those squirrel photos came out by accident. I would like to be more in control so I can make the same mistake twice if it accidently comes out good! lol

-Christopher

You use a 450 D huh? I think that is the XSi but in other countries it has a different name. Correct?
The Canon Rebel Digital XSi is also known as the EOS 450D (Elsewhere) and the EOS KISS Digital x2 in Japan.

I was wondering about that. My boss at work ordered, off of some site, a Canon EOS Kiss Digital X which I believe is the Japanese version of the U.S. EOS Rebel XTi?

-Christopher

My boss at work ordered, off of some site, a Canon EOS Kiss Digital X which I believe is the Japanese version of the U.S. EOS Rebel XTi?
Yes, it's the XTi. Also known as the 400D everywhere else.

The EOS Rebel XS is also known as the 1000D (everywhere else) and the EOS Digital KISS F in Japan.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back