C&C - Trying to capture the sun

ifi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I believe a polorizer filter might have helped?

Please suggest tips on how to improve it the next time.

cc1.jpg

What were you trying to achieve in this shot ... or what were you expecting the shot to look like ?

What were you trying to achieve in this shot ... or what were you expecting the shot to look like ?

I was trying to capture the sun through the tree branches on one corner and the boardwalk on the other corner.

Need your input on the exposure, contrast and colors, etc.

... and what do you think is wrong with the shot ?

I take it as a complement :)
... actually, I was asking the specifics of what is not right (with what you were expecting).

I do not want to tell you what I think it should look like ... I want to know more about what you think it should look like ...

then I we can tell you how to get it to look like what you envisioned ... since after all it is what you saw, not what I see.

... actually, I was asking the specifics of what is not right (with what you were expecting).

I do not want to tell you what I think it should look like ... I want to know more about what you think it should look like ...

then I we can tell you how to get it to look like what you envisioned ... since after all it is what you saw, not what I see.

The tree does not look as green near the sunny/bright area of the photo. It was very nice and green in real. How to improve that while keeping the sun in the picture?

A polarizing filter would not have helped much.

Well the sun is a very bright object, so I the scene could be darker ... thus darkening the exposure of the leaves, but still leave a light sun.

This is a difficult shot because of the wide latitude in exposure ... do you expose for the leaves and over-expose the sun ... do you expose for the sun and under-expose the leaves (and everything else).

The exposure range is greater than what the camera can capture ... so something has to be lost. I would expose the leaves/trees darker to emphasis the sunlight.

IMO its too bright and overexposed.

Of course as stated above...

actually, I was asking the specifics of what is not right (with what you were expecting).

then I we can tell you how to get it to look like what you envisioned

It is important to make the photo look like what you wanted...

Its hard to get a shot of the sun...

Most reactions

Back