What's new

C&C - Trying to capture the sun

The exposure range is greater than what the camera can capture ... so something has to be lost. I would expose the leaves/trees darker to emphasis the sunlight.

I agree. Unless of course you want to have a wider dynamic range and HDR.

For scenes like this, I love the feel of the sun shining through so tend to do what dxqcanada suggested and expose darker. For example, exposing for the sunlight on the ground:

p983113076-4.jpg
 
Last edited:
The exposure range is greater than what the camera can capture ... so something has to be lost. I would expose the leaves/trees darker to emphasis the sunlight.

I agree. Unless of course you want to have a wider dynamic range and HDR.

For scenes like this, I love the feel of the sun shining through so tend to do what dxqcanada suggested and expose darker. For example, ex[posing for the sunlight on the ground:

Your photo looks great. Thanks for the input, I really appreciate :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom