C&C urban fisheye shot

jdong217

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
6325201029_15422981de_b.jpg

I try to use the fisheye very sparingly but I find it's very fun to use in the city.

what lens did you use for the fisheye?

I like it a lot. I wonder if it would be even better if the central line was a touch more centered, so it is dead straight.

lens was the Nikon 10.5mm fisheye.

@fjrabon you're talking about the line that marks the corner of the building? Because that one looks straight to me. The left edge looks curved though. I kicked myself when I saw that on the computer screen. It was starting to rain so I just left after a few shots, but I'll have plenty of opportunities to redo :)

lens was the Nikon 10.5mm fisheye.

@fjrabon you're talking about the line that marks the corner of the building? Because that one looks straight to me. The left edge looks curved though. I kicked myself when I saw that on the computer screen. It was starting to rain so I just left after a few shots, but I'll have plenty of opportunities to redo :)

THe very bottom of the central building's corner, the corner closes to the camera is a little curved to the camera's right. A fisheye is only dead straight in the very, very center of the picture. So there's nothing you can do about the left edge being curved when you use a fisheye.

I've stood in that very spot. Love Hong Kong!

Cool shot, that building (Bank of HK) is my favorite in the whole city.

Bank of China is one of those buildings that just looks great with a fish eye.

Most reactions

Back