What's new

C&C - Western

tevo

Recovering TPF Junkie
Joined
Nov 19, 2010
Messages
2,507
Reaction score
440
Location
San Jose, CA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was down in San Juan Bautista, spoke to this gentleman for a while, and asked if I could take his picture (he had the 'Clint Squint' and I thought it was cowboy looking) . Used the on-camera flash, as well as a SB 600 high camera left (commander mode). I think it came out nicely!

#1

Western by theofficialtevo, on Flickr
 
Good job :thumbup: Lots of cool things to shoot there, one of my favorite little towns around here.
 
Good job :thumbup: Lots of cool things to shoot there, one of my favorite little towns around here.

Thank you sir!

Yeah, there were. Unfortunately that day I had a splitting headache, and wasn't really focusing to the extent that I normally would haha; I left early.
 
Seallens2B.jpg
 
Well, I like that one ... I still have to try and set up the remote flash as slave and use the in-camera one as trigger. Lots of new things to learn now with the new camera, heaps! But when the outcome is like this one then it is well worth the learning!

My daughter's in your area as we speak - I'm curious to hear from her where she'll be going and what she's going to photograph, too! ;)
 
Excellent image!
 
Nice job but I think a few changes might make it even better.

Note that the hand is pretty dark and the stuff behind the hand is fairly obvious, and his face is semi dark.
If one lightens the face, lightens the hand and increases its red saturation and then clone over or darken the stuff behind his hand, it seems to make a positive difference.

(pardon the edits, it was incoherent before)


$6991850005_a5f89c465f_o.webp
 
Last edited:
^ Nice edit.. and it does improve on the original!

Tevo.. a larger aperture with the increased baackground blur would have isolated him from the background better also!
 
I liked the original because the subject was so cowboyish, but there was so much going on in the background considering it's a portrature. Traveler's edit and crop really pulls it all together.
 
Nice job but I think a few changes might make it even better.

Note that the hand is pretty dark and the stuff behind the hand is fairly obvious, and his face is semi dark.
If one lightens the face, lightens the hand and increases its red saturation and then clone over or darken the stuff behind his hand, it seems to make a positive difference.

(pardon the edits, it was incoherent before)


View attachment 4467

^ Nice edit.. and it does improve on the original!

Tevo.. a larger aperture with the increased baackground blur would have isolated him from the background better also!

Agreed, great edit! I'll surely touch it up. And Charlie, I tried that, but I decided that I wanted to preserve the sharpness/detail on the subject, and I found that going wider than f/8 left the edges a bit soft.

I liked the original because the subject was so cowboyish, but there was so much going on in the background considering it's a portrature. Traveler's edit and crop really pulls it all together.

Yeah, I thought the background was busy, but I don't think it's too distracting.
 
Very nice shot, Tevo
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom