Cabo Wabo - C+C

jfrabat

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these ahots in Cabo San Lucas during a convention for PlayStation in the beach in front of the hotel. So what do you think?

Taken with a Sony SLT-A77 and a SAL1680Z Zeiss lens,

$_DSC3538-A.JPG
$_DSC3461_a.JPG
3. (this one was kind of hard to take from a moving boat, but I think it came out all right)
$_DSC3519-A.jpg

Felipe

Last edited:
First impressions:
1) Nice sunset shot, but the sepia? conversion does nothing for me. For me, sunsets are for colour and that is what I look for when I am photographing sunsets.
2) Nice snapshot, but does nothing for me, maybe better with the people cloned out - don't know.
3) Nice shot, but I agree with the previous poster that a closer view of the waves at the cliff's eddge would have been a more powerful image.

My 0.02¢ FWIW.

1) Nice sunset shot, but the sepia? conversion does nothing for me. For me, sunsets are for colour and that is what I look for when I am photographing sunsets.

I dont think thats sepia I see sunsets with those colours here in Aus. However I don't usually go for them so I can't prove it to you.

I actually kind of like the first one. I love the "typical" sunset photo with the brilliant colors, but sometimes they just all start to look like "just another sunset photo." This is different and to me, that makes it kind of interesting.

The other two don't really do it for me. The second one seems like it missed being a great shot by just a few inches. If that pole in the foreground were up against the right edge of the photo and the angle had been just a little different so that there was more "separation" between poles, I think it would have made a much more enticing leading line. The poles are just too bunched together, and not quite angled enough from right to left to make it that interesting, to me.

Sorry to disappoint, but the sunset photo is NOT sephia... Thats how it came out of the camera. As for the arch one, I was already zoomed to the max of that lens, and the boat never got much closer. But thanks to all for the comments!

I dont think thats sepia I see sunsets with those colours here in Aus. However I don't usually go for them so I can't prove it to you.

Yeah, I see sunsets Like that all the time

Thanks guys - learn something new everyday - no need to prove anything. I don't think I have ever seen a sunset with those colours here in the Great White North. Ours are usually coloured with reds and oranges. I am sure the physicists in the crowd will have a scientific explanation - angle of the sun and the horizon, latitude, dust in the air, moisture in the air, etc. Regardless, I still think it is a neat sunset.

Last edited:
Sorry to disappoint, but the sunset photo is NOT sephia... Thats how it came out of the camera. As for the arch one, I was already zoomed to the max of that lens, and the boat never got much closer. But thanks to all for the comments!

As I said, my confusion - never seen one with those colours in the Great White North - and I am not disappointed, just unaware of how things look nearer to the equator. Guess I need to put Costa Rica on my travel bucket list. Looking forward to seeing more.

WesternGuy said:
As I said, my confusion - never seen one with those colours in the Great White North - and I am not disappointed, just unaware of how things look nearer to the equator. Guess I need to put Costa Rica on my travel bucket list. Looking forward to seeing more.

That is actually taken in Mexico (Cabo San Lucas); they are red here as well...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back