Cake or pie?

terri said:
My own cherry pie. :drool:

Recipe from my mom. :thumbup:

I hate you. I KNEW you were going to say that. :x

I like pie. I'm not particular about any kind. Apple, berry, pumplin, chocolate, and now I have a craving for Terri's cherry pie and I've never even had it before. :lol: Ooooh, and my favorite is when it's warmed with ice cream :drool:

Alison said:

I like pie. I'm not particular about any kind. Apple, berry, pumplin, chocolate, and now I have a craving for Terri's cherry pie and I've never even had it before. :lol: Ooooh, and my favorite is when it's warmed with ice cream :drool:

I suck at MAKING pies, but I'll buy the Sara Lee kind that ya throw in the oven for Erik and me...

...put a scoop of vanilla ice cream over it...HEAVEN!

(and I love how it makes my whole apartment smell delicious)

um, both please... i want some cherry pie... that sounds good...

Alison said:

I like pie. I'm not particular about any kind. Apple, berry, pumpkin, chocolate, and now I have a craving for Terri's cherry pie and I've never even had it before. :lol: Ooooh, and my favorite is when it's warmed with ice cream :drool:
If there is ever a hint of a chance to, I will make one just for you. And leave the recipe for Aubs. :mrgreen: Then you'll love me again.

Depends on who made the cake/pie.

I would rather just have both.

It's all about the crust, people. Which calls for lots of shortening and mine has an odd touch of vinegar, sugar and ice water. :scratch: Must be handled with care and rolled thin.

But it is flaky and browns beautifully and can bring a tear to your eye. :mrgreen:

terri said:
It's all about the crust, people. Which calls for lots of shortening and mine has an odd touch of vinegar, sugar and ice water. :scratch: Must be handled with care and rolled thin.

But it is flaky and browns beautifully and can bring a tear to your eye. :mrgreen:

I was told to use lard in my crust. I did that...it tasted pretty good, but man did it look ugly. I'm HORRIBLE about rolling it our right. So...I guess I can make a good TASTING pie...just not good at making a pretty one. And I thought it was a pain in the butt, so I haven't done it often.

Besides...Erik's favorite food ever is cheesecake. I make a mean cheesecake.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back