Cambridge, England

vimwiz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
analog4eva.tumblr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sorry for linking to tumblr, I tried for hours to upload them to here but the uploader kept timing out.

analog4eva ? Scans of film taken in Cambridge, England, using a...

As the description says, these are scams of film taken in Cambridge, England, using a Canon T70 SLR, stock 50mm lens, and Kodak Ultra 400 film. This was my first ever time using this. They do actually look better but the scanner is like for Windows 95, its so old.

My fave is the one where there is the leaves at the top, then the one of the boats. (Near the bottom)

Can I get some feedback? I have never shot film before, but thought Cambridge was so wondeful, it deserved it.

I think it's a really great start. There are a couple that are great but the subject gets cut off a bit. For example, the first one of the phone booths is nice, but I would have moved a few more steps back to get all of the first one in the frame and less of the space to the right of the frame. Looks like there is a sign on the fence to the left of that first booth and that might have been nice to see, but the flyers hanging off the fence on the other side doesn't add anything to the picture.

Another one that was cut off was the fourth one of the coat of arms on the ground. The bottom left was cut off and instead, there's empty space at the top of the frame that isn't necessary.

Finally, I really like the Coffee and Crepes storefront but perhaps a portrait orientation to get the whole bike? Or again, back up just a step or two, get the whole bike and also the rest of the sign in the top left. That looked more interesting than the door on the right.

I really love the picture that is second to last - the treelined path and the person walking, the bikes on the sides of the path...lovely!

Thanks for the quick feedback!

Yeah, I need to work on my framing (It is probaly made worse by my poor cropping of the scanned prints) , maybe I will have better luck this week! - The second to last one is my favourite too. And yeah good idea about the portrait shot, I hadnt considered that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back