Camera advice.

You realize you linked to a site with examples of almost every type of photography imaginable? Maybe try something a bit more specific...

I do apologize, I linked the page not the picture. It is the first panel and for some reason I can link the image.

As it was said in your other thread of the exact same subject matter, there's nothing all that high-tech or mindblowing about those photos. Simply good lighting. You could get those using a desk lamp, a point and shoot and a little bit of experimentation. My brother's fiancee uses a Canon S95 for similar stuff that I recommended (to him, as a gift for her, as an all around camera) Great camera and they're going pretty cheap nowadays. Nice big aperture for shallow depth of field that I'm sure is what you're hoping for.

You don't need to invest in an SLR and lens if that's all you're interested in doing.

I agree, it relies more on the photographer and less on the camera in this instance.

In order to take photos like these, especially the phood photos, you'll need to have an eye for composition, texture, and supporting elements in a photograph. You can't really just get away with plating a dish all willy nilly and taking a photo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back