camera bag/purse... any suggestions?

alisoninpitt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
insidexout.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey everyone! i've been looking for a nice camera bag that doubles as a purse. basically, i want to be able to take my camera places without lugging around a purse and a camera bag. when i first looked, i didn't really find anything that wasn't ugly or way expensive. this blog i read mentioned these...

*emera
*emera | the quilted bag

jo totes
Jo Totes - Scarlet digital SLR camera bag

...both of which i like.

has any purchased either of these or know someone who has and can give some feedback? or do you have any other sites with bags like these? any help is appreciated!

Occasionally you'll see some Kelly Moore stuff pop up used on ebay or amazon, but it's still pretty expensive. It's also not my style. I'm more of a tom boy, so I went with a crumpler MDH and modified it to suit my needs. You might be best off just finding a bag that suits your style, and using removable inserts to turn it into a camera bag.

Not much out there for girls. :(

yeah the kelly moore bags are way too pricey for me and, like you said, not really my style either. that's why i kinda like the ones i posted. they're more plain. and less expensive.

yes, not a lot out there for girls unfortunately.

Find a decent sized purse or bag of your choice that would fit your camera. I'm talking about any brand that has the style that you like. Then figure a way to protect the camera. Often you can find neoprene pouches or Domke inserts (see bhphoto or adorama) to insert into the bag to provide some padding. In some cases, all that is required is a rolled wash cloth or t-shirt at the bottom of the bag. Be creative.

Non-Camera bag's I've used include a diaper bag and a canvas bag from old navy. The old navy one is my favorite because the inside is lined in rubber. Lately I've been using a "Fossil" commuter satchel but only for my small camera:

2640d1263047173-whats-your-camera-bag-p1010790.jpg

Inside the fossil brand satchel are a couple of those old, hard, rectangle lens cases. They are glued together and stand up with their flaps removed. Since they hold their shape they make excellent "drop in" style dividers for two small lenses.

If you want something pre-made for cameras, generally you will spend money and they won't be exactly what fits you. Most will look like camera bags. Again, there's not much out there for girls but this is one that comes to mind:

jill-e designs - professional quality, designer electronics bags for women

yeah that was my original plan but i went with a jo totes bag instead and i'd recommend it. it's been working beautifully since i got it!

I was at REI the other day and they had a really cute one. Wish I could remember who made it but maybe you can check out the store and see if there is anything you like. I am into the outdoorsy look so it works for me. The bag looked like a messenger bag though so it didnt scream "hey look at me with my expensive camera" and i am sure that there are tons of pockets to make it a useful purse. I am going to go see if they still have it because I think I might want it. I went flying the other day and had to carry my camera and my purse... would be nice to just carry one bag. If I find out who it's by I'll let you know

Have you tried this site. I couldn't live without my bag or clutch. My collection keeps growing since all the covers fit the liner. :D

I had never heard of the Kelly Moore bags, they are beautiful! Definitely going to be replacing my Nikon "kit" bag with the pink one:goodvibe:

Hi everyone, my first time posting. Hope to learn a lot from all of you!
Check out the 'Jo Totes' web site: they just got in two new beautiful styles: 'Missy' and 'Rose' in beautiful colors, and they are under $100.00! I just ordered the Missy in pink. They are stylish and have lots of room.
Here's the link:
www.jototes.com

Most reactions

New Topics

Back