Camera body build question...

so it's image stabilization, or does it boost lumen potential allowing faster shutter speeds?

gsgary said:
shooting that way you can miss peak action

Yeah, but if it wasn't a factor that mattered to sports photographers then I would think there'd be more variety of cameras on the pro field other than D3/4s and 1Ds.

Waiting for the right time and snapping one or two is a great way if you are "well trained" in that method. I know that I can't do it that well. I'm always a little too late or too early.

You can miss the shot regardless of your preferred method. I really just can't say that deliberating until the exact right time is any more effective than spray and pray.

rexbobcat said:
Yeah, but if it wasn't a factor that mattered to sports photographers then I would think there'd be more variety of cameras on the pro field other than D3/4s and 1Ds.

Waiting for the right time and snapping one or two is a great way if you are "well trained" in that method. I know that I can't do it that well. I'm always a little too late or too early.

You can miss the shot regardless of your preferred method. I really just can't say that deliberating until the exact right time is any more effective than spray and pray.

I know it is for me

gsgary said:
I know it is for me

But objectively it's not. That was my point.

The effort : outcome ratio is different for different people.

I could probably do it if I practiced and tried hard enough, but why? If my current method works just fine?

rexbobcat said:
But objectively it's not. That was my point.

The effort : outcome ratio is different for different people.

I could probably do it if I practiced and tried hard enough, but why? If my current method works just fine?

My shutter will last me much longer, after a year i will probably taken half the amount of shots but have more keepers

gsgary said:
My shutter will last me much longer, after a year i will probably taken half the amount of shots but have more keepers

I definitely agree, that's where I'm trying to get my point across and i see it as a method that will work well with me :) totally off topic but in wars they spray a lot with the machine guns in hopes of hitting the enemy which is usually more effective and faster then taking your time to set up the shot, like if they were to turn a corner of a room and take the time for 1 or 2 shots. Hell no, they are spraying it up or else they'd most likely miss (and get shot first...not photo related but point implied)

Canon says that the 7D has a magnesium body and that the Mark iv has a magnesium alloy body. What's the difference?

IMO no difference. Same metal in both.

You need to learn to read ad copy with some skeptacism and a grain of salt. Also reading between the lines wouldn't hurt either.

It makes no sense to use pure magnesium in the cheaper camera and an alloy in the more expensive one.

In fact, the reaction of pure magnesium with oxygen is highly exothermic. (even worst with water involve). So there is no way for any company to build a camera body with pure Magnesium.

Not at normal conditions, but if it ever were involved in even a minor fire it would burn a hole to the center of the earth....

totally off topic but in wars they spray a lot with the machine guns in hopes of hitting the enemy...

They do that only in movies, it is not the way actual soldiers are trained.

Designer said:
They do that only in movies, it is not the way actual soldiers are trained.

I've seen footage, it's not only in movies or games. I saw one where they infiltrated some buildings, this guy swept the room with a spray of bullets in a guys direction, at least 80% were misses. In another one this guy was being shot from an unknown direction and was frustrated so he shot 180 degrees in front of him in a line, he couldn't see the enemy. There is also something called suppressive fire, I'll have a hard time explaining it so I'd rather not

Most reactions

New Topics

Back